Assessment Task 1 – Written Questions template
The GROW model of coaching helps in unlocking the potential as well as increasing the performance with the help of increasing the motivation and confidence. It carefully structures and motivates the awareness as well as helps in handling greater responsibility that helps in leading towards the practical steps for the accomplishment of the goals as well as overcoming obstacles. It stands for goal, reality of current time period, different options as well as obstacles and a way to forward. There are four stages of grow model of coaching such as aspirations and goals, external and internal options, resources and strengths and a way for continuous procedure. It is a method to set goals and resolve different problems to achieve goals effectively and efficiently. Goal model is a procedure that includes different elements that must be considered in the coaching session. It is beneficial to help clients to determine the goal and targets for each and every coaching session. It includes innovative ideas and different actions to achieve goals and targets of coaching session. It is helpful to conduct coaching session and mentoring sessions with team members of team. It is followed by respective companies to manage coaching session effectively and efficiently.
Coaching strategy is a strategy that is followed to coach candidates who belong from different background and culture. There are different components of coaching strategy that must be considered well. Different components of coaching strategy are as follows
1) Client and coach relationship – The relation between client and coach must be open and professional. They must direct clear set of directions to all clients so that they can achieve targeted goals and objectives.
2) Problem solving – It is needed to resolve different problems and queries related to the task. It must be corrected by following policies and procedure of the organization. It is required to have problem solving skill to manage task effectively and efficiently. Skills to resolve problem must be considered in the coaching strategy.
3) Transformational procedure – It is needed to accept transformational procedure so that current status could be converted into the latest technology and updates.
4) Identification of problem and set the goal – It is required to determine the actual goal so that coaching could be provided to achieve that common goal that is beneficial for the organization growth and status. Short term goals and long term goals both are designed to maintain organization growth and performance effectively and efficiently.
Components of coaching strategies must be achieved properly to maintain the performance of the
Organization. Well framed organization has positive impact on the performance of the organization. A good coaching session could bring leadership, monitoring and develop a good way to manage different aspects in the organization.
Q3: Answer the following questions:
- What are the different coaching models and methods that can be used to provide coaching to coachees? Mention any five (5).
- What should be reflected in the design of your coaching program? Write your answer in 20-30 words.
- Explain the underlying assumptions and principles ofSolution-focused coaching approach. Write your answer in 150-200 words.
a. Different coaching methods and models that are utilized for providing coaching to the employees can be seen as follows:
GROW Coaching model
CLEAR Coaching model
Effective Coaching model
TGROW coaching model
b. There are some crucial and imperative processes that are needed for the behavioral design for the reflection of the coaching program that are awareness of the coaching as what is needed to be discussed, feedback as well as knowledge transfer.
c. The principles of solution focused coaching are helping coaches find the problems in as their solutions as well as building the strengths and weaknesses in a quite positive manner.
Assumptions: The problem is not known but it is needed to be known. There are basic approaches as well as principles of solution focused coaching approach such as
1) Work on the coaches agenda
2) It is needed to focus on the solutions not focus on the problems
3) It must be considered with the future goals as it must be future oriented
4) It is needed to highlight needed resources that are required to complete task
Solution focused coaching approach is one of the most important approach that is beneficial to resolve different queries and problems effectually. It is related with the future aspects and future goals of the organization as well as a specific company.
Q4. Answer the following questions regarding “methods used to match and manage coaches and coachees”.
- Explain the process for matching a coach with a coachee. Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- What criteria can be used to screen and match coach and coachees? Write your answer in 150-200 words.
a. It is needed to follow a process that defines that how coach matches with the coachee.
The steps included for matching the coach and coachee are as follows:
1) Determine the reason and requirement for the engagement as well as coaching
2) Identify the areas where improvement and changes are needed
3) Determine the perspective and approach of coaches
4) It is required to take interview of coaches so that their skills and qualification could be determined
5) Selection of coaches must be done
6) Different areas and departments must be developed to direct coachee
b. The criteria are utilized for screen matching coach and coaches are having similar beliefs and values between the mentees and mentors. Moreover rapport and trust is needed for the rapid development of the individuals. A sufficient self-disclosure is needed in respect to the developmental criteria. Criteria could be set in the form of different departments and different skills of candidates. It is needed to frame different departments according to the requirement and need. A test must be conducted to screen and match qualities as well as skills of coachee with the profile of coach. Skills and qualities must be matched so that output could be achieved. Criteria that must be followed to assess and evaluate the performance of candidates. Coach must be supportive so that coachee could feel good and analyze the results accordingly. Relationship between coach and coachee must be good and open to others so that open communication style could be followed that will result in achieving goals and objectives effectually.
Q5: Answer the following questions regarding “techniques and practices for resolving differences between coaches and trainees”:
- What is conflict coaching? What is it recommended for? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- What is conflict coaching focused on? Mention any five (5) factors.
- What are dispute resolution programs? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
a. A conflict coaching is a procedure as well as a session that is needed to be done with that individual that experiences conflict with another individual. It is done for the conflict resolution. It is important to reduce stress and conflicts as well as increase production and enhancement of the organization.
c. This program helps in acquiring the negotiation, mediation and advocacy skills. Dispute resolution program is framed to resolve issues and queries of resolution program so that each and every dispute could be resolved in the organization. These programs are framed specially for the development and to reduce issues and conflicts at the workplace. (Gilin Oore, et al., 2015).
Q6: Answer the following:
- Why do resource requirements vary depending on the model used? Provide an example. Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- Mention three (3) examples of coaching models, discuss how the model is determined and what resources are needed to implement the model? Write your answer in 100-150 words.
a. Every model has different requirements and different resources that are needed to be taken into evaluation. So for every model, requirements changes. Examples of GROW models are: goal, reality, options and will. Different resources are needed under different models as every model is designed to get optimum utilization of resources.
b. Examples of a coaching model:
GROW – Goal, current reality, options and a way to forward
CLEAR – contract, listen, explore, action and review
OSKAR – outcome, scale, know how, action and review
Q7. Answer the following:
- Explain the different types of tools that you can use to collect and record coaching program data. Write your answer in 50-100 words.
a. There are different types of tools that could be utilized to collect and record coaching program data such as
Interviews – Interview could be conducted to collect and record coaching program data in the face to face meeting also.
Focus groups – a group discussion could be done to collect data.
b. The purpose of record keeping is for tracking the record of conversations, goals, and actions that are committed at the time of coaching session. Record keeping plays a vital role to analyze current status and problems that they are facing in current period of time. It is required to maintain record and track of conversations they had in the coaching program. It defines goals and actions that are committed in the coaching program.
- Explain the purpose of record-keeping in a coaching program. Write your answer in 100-150 words.
Q8: Answer the following questions regarding “methods for evaluating and reporting on coaching programs”:
- What is monitoring in coaching? Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- What are the key points that need consideration when evaluating the effectiveness of coaching? Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- Explain Donald Kirkpatrick’s four levels of learning evaluation. Write your answer in 50-100 words.
- What should be included in coaching program reporting? Mention any five (5) points.
a. It is a process of systematic and continuous operations of collecting the information at the time of coaching process. It is beneficial to check the current status of an employee who has taken coaching session. It is beneficial for the more improvement and develops positive changes at the workplace.
b. There are different key points that must be considered to evaluate the effectiveness of coaching such as
1) Collection of feedback – It is needed to collect feedback whether the coaching session is useful or not.
2) Rate on the performance of coaching – A rate criteria must be developed to rate to get rating on the coaching session that define how candidates feel after the coaching session.
3) Analyze changes prior and after the coaching session – A differentiation must be done before and after the coaching session that defines importance of coaching strategy.
c. There are four level of learning evaluation of Donald Kirkpatrick such as
Four levels of this model are as follows:
Reaction – It defines instant reaction
Learning – It defines learning criteria
Behavior – It defines a way to complete task
Results – It defines the output.
d. It consists of potential, values and challenge that are faced by coachee at the time of coaching (Lim& Yazdanifard, 2012).
Q9: Answer the following:
- As set out in the Fair Work Act of 2009 and other workplace legislation, what are the key elements of the workplace relations framework? Write your answer in 100-150 words.
- Explain the relationship between Privacy Law and security of information. Write your answer in 50-100 words.
a. The key elements are the terms and conditions, rules and obligations as well as industrial actions. Fair work act 2009 is the act that defines the fair work act policies and framework that must be followed to reduce conflicts and discrimination at the workplace. It includes a set of terms and condition of employment that must be followed to achieve a successful organization. It includes rules and regulations for the industrial area actions and plans. It must include obligations regarding bargaining and law issues. The entire terms and condition must be included in the employment letter as well as appointment letter.
b. Privacy is right of individuals in terms of control access in terms of personal information and security refers to techniques for ensuring personal information. Privacy is related with the safeguarding of users identity. Security could be explained against access of information that is unauthorized. Utilization of specific information could be a type of secure information also.
Q10: Answer the following:
- Prepare a list of legislation and regulations that can impact the coaching program. List seven (7).
- Mention the confidentiality and privacy law, policy and procedure applicable to the coaching program.
|a. Fair work act 2009
Fair work regulations act
Work regulations 1999
Work health and safety act 1974
Data protection act 1998
Privacy act 1988.
Freedom of information act 1982.
b. Data protection act 1998
Privacy act 1988
Gilin Oore, D., Leiter, M. P., & LeBlanc, D. E. (2015). Individual and organizational factors promoting successful responses to workplace conflict. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie Canadienne, 56(3), 301.
Lim, J. H., & Yazdanifard, R. (2012). The difference of conflict management styles and conflict resolution in workplace. Business & Entrepreneurship Journal, 1(1).