Title: Requirements Documentation & Lifecycle Management Report
Table of Contents
This report is based on documentation and lifecycle management of McDonald’s which has a goal of digital transition is to change a group’s culture and technology infrastructure to keep, win back, and attract more customers. Creativity was always valued at McDonald’s. To provide a simple and smooth customer experience, McDonald’s explored digitalization, distribution, & drive-thru (3Ds) and improving their clients’ experience.
In this report, they also express the project scope including functional and non-functional condition that helps the product goal and what it must accomplish. It doesn’t specify how and where to construct or supply what’s necessary. It also draws out some diagrams to represent the activities of life-cycle management based on the given case studies. It also shows the connection between both the criteria as well as other artifacts in documentation through the matrix. In the end, the study makes recommendations about the ideas and concludes the findings about their ideas.
The main project scope is to build their connection with customers. More than 21 million people are enrolled in their programmer to improve relationships with clients, including over 15 million of those people being active participants. A sizable and increasing portion of McDonald’s significant market income is now generated by virtual transactions made via apps (including deliveries).
Being the leading provider of consumable goods in the world with a central objective on ready meals is McDonald’s primary goal & purpose. They engage in the practice of providing financial incentives to its investors, therefore creating chances for their workers, company associates, and the communities it serves to develop and be enriched. In all they seem to do, they aim for ethics, integrity, and equality. Several initiatives centered on ecological sustainability, charitable work, and its dedication to enhancing shareholders’ wealth through transforming McDonald’s into a sustainable business are how they carried out their core mission. A stated mission is a concise and direct description of a McDonald’s reason for being. It is a formalized statement that specifies the goals of the business or organization and addresses ideas such as the firm’s moral framework, general perception, intended audience, etc (Petimar, et,al,(2019),p5(2)).
The main features of the project based on the case study are:
– This project is focused on the reliability, uniformity, improvement as well as modernization of their products.
– Through the use of Artificial Intelligence and trying to cut technology, they hope to acquire a competitive edge by aligning company operations with consumer expectations.
– They support contests, imagination, inkling, and prototyping. They routinely ask fresh & existing companies to contribute innovative concepts.
– It also determining the requirements and desires of the consumer and providing them with an improvement above the competition as well as targeting their market is another strategy to gain devoted customers.
– McDonald’s strives to offer a hospitable, parents’ atmosphere that is a fun, upbeat activity for young people. Additionally, there needs to be quality service & sanitation.
– For a firm to remain with its rivals, it must be creative and develop a new line of products to draw in much more consumers. The business must take risks since it cannot depend on a single commodity and must launch new items in a variety of forms (Andreani, & Puspitasari, (2012), p4 (2)).
Based on the case study, there is three requirement of McDonald are:
– Cost and Expenditure leadership: The profit margins make it challenging to succeed in the restaurant sector with a cost leader advertising strategy. McDonald’s has a policy of charging little for basic fast food. Instead of hiring and training experienced cookers, they can do it because of their system of division of work.
– Analyzing the key stakeholders whom the initiative will impact such as Franchise holders, employees, suppliers, and so on. As they begin by making it clear who the development’s sponsor is in particular. This client might be either extrinsic or intrinsic.
– Through streamlining process and value-based assessing approach, McDonald’s meets their requirement i.e. to prevent any errors, every laborer’s move and step is meticulously planned out in advance. So, the method of simplifying functions effectively from beginning to conclusion
The functional requirement states that whatever a system should be able to do through computations, technical aspects, data modification & analysis, as well as other specialized functions. The basic requirement involves planning, arranging, distribution, supervision, and so on.
– Through a technical system, they create a My Macca App which is eager to increase quality, dependability and the consumer experience at the moment. McDonald’s predicts which menu items would also most likely increase revenue in its push operation using machines continuing to learn judgment technologies through the AI system.
– Due to modifications and analysis, the customer experience, incorporating client technologies, enhanced efficiency in ordering and delivery, or quality to encourage additional customer visits during the day, finding their emphasis on sustainability via methodical attempts to minimize expenses (Novita & Husna, (2020),p7(2)).
– The McDonald’s corporation successfully carries out this functional duty through a process to achieve, control, communication, and communication tactics. The primary responsibilities of this role at McDonald’s include coordinating staff conduct to ensure that all operations run smoothly and maintaining job satisfaction and work.
The non-functional requirement of McDonald based on the characteristics such as usability, security, safety, availability, and perspectives also. These characteristics provide constrictions on the platform’s architecture across whole bottlenecks. Therefore, the attributes are:
– Usability: While implementing the app, it promises to allow customers to place orders at their own pace, reduce traffic by using numerous order locations, increase transaction quality and precision, and provide more comfort and personalization. Based on the case study, for the orders placed using the app, the customers are allowed to select the pick-up position. The consumer app may provide tailored menus and exclusive deals using AI and business intelligence.
– Innovation: McDonald’s was ongoing product development. Through their observations of consumer habits and ways, franchisees were significantly responsible for these inventions, which gave rise to many of McDonald’s now-famous menu choices (Li, et, al, (2014), p9 (3)).
– Safety and security: McDonald’s should protect its members’ security and welfare. They also provide better organizational policies which may also help a business stay ahead of the competition by lowering expenses and adhering to safety regulations.
– Perspectives: The other perspectives of M.C. Donald is the clear favorite in several important areas as they are intrigued by the establishment’s relatives’ environment and food selections.
Based on the case study, it express through the diagram and elaborates that how the customer place an order and how organization provides a food in the end and it can be done only through online system . There are two key processes which are supported by the system is placing an order and Receiving an order. Therefore , this diagram represent that after making their selection and paying for it, the consumer can either have their food brought to a certain place or pick this up personally (McDonald & Mayes,(2019),p6(3)).
- Trace :
The flow of each item used to make hamburgers in McDonald’s Indian stores is tracked by a traceability system. McDonald’s could accurately and instantaneously monitor the quality & position of any food getting delivered to a location wherever in India by using authenticity technologies (tracking warmth differences as small as 1 degree C). The method enables the business to locate the exact point at which the warmth of the products departed from predetermined limits so that urgent necessary measures may be taken. Based on the case study, they trace the activities which are carried down from order to deliverables.
- Maintain :
McDonald’s maintains the whole over the production process including the quality and consistency also. In this strategic decision area of management, reliability meets customer demand regarding McDonald’s and its reputation. Based on the case study, McDonald’s maintains 70 percent of the whole sales of the restaurant which will derive from timely delivery and takeaway service. Therefore, the My Macca app helps to provide the orders to the customers as they also maintain their orders as fresh as probable (Correa, et, al, (2019), p9 (3)).
- Priorities :
It can successfully express McDonald’s marketing goal to “create delightful feel-good experiences effortless for everybody.” While providing an online delivery to the customers, the m c Donald has a priority to focus on the orders by providing a time and pick-up solution, Make a special counter just for delivery drivers, Examining the amount of traffic, Use transportation visualizations to identify regions with a high volume of orders, Pay attention to your driver’s comments, provide consumers with a reliable delivery time estimate, enable true manage and process for consumers and make the delivery service digital.
- Assess :
Through Artificial Intelligence and Technologies, it assesses Mc Donald for ordering the food from App. Using this app is easy to access because it achieves the Customers ’ expectations as the Mc Donald restaurant provide online ordering food, thus it also saves and charges lower fees than other. Their staff has more free time with an online purchase platform and the Ordering that Place at Restaurants which Will Be More Reliable i.e. ordering strengthens their loyalty initiatives. It simplifies the ordering system.
- Approve :
A consumer starts by selecting McDonald’s as a preference, then scans the menu, picks a product, and then decides whether they want it delivered or picked up. Then, while going to pick up, they can be paid in cash at the restaurant or with a bank account using the online platform such as Visa, MasterCard, and Amex. Finally, it approves and delivers the product at the end of the service.
- Justification :
It is to be justified that Mc Donald’s deals with the online system. Through the online system, the online purchase and delivery provide eateries with a definite sales channel. Through the Mc Donald’s web page or app, consumers may explore the menus, decide whether to want, satisfy their needs and wants, and then pay for their meals. The restaurant serves the dish and serves it to the designated customer site after taking the approval. Through ideas and technology, they provide a portion of food along with good quality and supplied consistently (Khoo Haque & Bhattacharya, (2017), p7 (3)).
The business Analyst thinks that there are three important aspects of business practices which are given in the case study are:
– Cultivating customer Experience: This is one of the most important aspects of cultivating the customer experience. The Food started several modifications based on consumer input to raise customer loyalty including personalized burgers using top-quality components, Ticket machines for self-ordering will increase order accuracy, enhanced mobile ordering capabilities, and several places provide catering services.
– Reliability: It is more than 95 percent of the whole is reliable in making and providing the food. People enjoy their consumption at McDonald’s due to their popularity as well as the similarity between their marketing and its food in terms of simplicity and ease. Hence, it is reliable to over the world (Thornton & Crawford, (2016), p9 (1)).
– Quality: In addition to the prior capabilities of its app, the corporation launched a technical enhancement by introducing phone purchasing and purchasing. McDonald’s also began concentrating on self-service booths & electronic restaurant menus. In online order deliverables, the app which is given in the case study is not updated on time, and customers face some issues with the current version. So, business analyst, improve their quality by gaining their ideas and smart technology.
|Business objectives||Business Requirement||Functional Requirement||non-functional requirement||Source file||Functions||Test cases||Status|
|McDonald’s strives to offer a hospitable, parents atmosphere that is a fun, upbeat activity for young people||Cost and Expenditure leadership i.e. The profit margins make it challenging to succeed in the restaurant sector with a cost leader advertising strategy||Through technical system, they create a My Macca App which is eager to increase quality, dependability, and the consumer experience||Through Usability , when they implementing the app, it promises to allow customers to place orders through their own pace, reduce traffic by using numerous order locations,||Programming C||The primary responsibilities of this role at McDonald’s include coordinating staff conduct to ensure that all operations run smoothly||1100||ongoing|
|The main aim of this project is to provide a quality food by taking or ordering through online system. It belief on quality and great service||Analyzing the key stakeholders whom the initiative will impact such as Franchise holders, employees, suppliers and so on||Due to modifications and analysis, the customer experience, incorporating client technologies, enhanced efficiency in ordering and delivery, or quality to encourage additional customers||Innovation i.e. McDonald’s was an ongoing product development||Programming C||maintaining job satisfaction and work||1101||ongoing|
|It focus on the quality service & sanitation.
|Requirement of streamlining process and value-based assessing approach.||It also includes the control, communication, and communication tactics||Safety and security i.e. Mc Donald have an obligation to protect their members’ security and welfare.||Programming C||Targeting their market is another strategy to gain devoted customers.
McDonald’s ought to prioritize improvement in the quality of its essential goods. Customers may not always prioritize local foods, organically grown, or a high level of quality when choosing McDonald’s. This case study is based on an online system where Business Analyst finds how McDonald’s delivers the food on time and correct location along with providing a great service. One of the biggest fast food restaurants in the world is McDonald’s. By keeping their customers in mind when creating purchase decisions and setting prices and Deliver tasty cuisine in a welcoming and enjoyable setting, to be a politically progressive business, and give stockholders fair profits. The business strives to give its clients high-quality cuisine, speed of service, and reasonably priced.
There are some recommendations:
– It is also recommended that the app should be updated version. So that, the customers would not face any issues regarding maintenance, quality, and so on.
– Utilize the system to bring orders
– Make sure that communications are clear.
– Concentrate on shipping, proper addressing, and customer interaction.
Andreani, F., Taniaji, T. L., & Puspitasari, R. N. M. (2012). The impact of brand image towards loyalty with satisfaction as a mediator in McDonald’s. Jurnal manajemen dan kewirausahaan, 14(1), 64-71. Available at, https://jurnalmanajemen.petra.ac.id/index.php/man/article/view/18373
Correa, J. C., Garzón, W., Brooker, P., Sakarkar, G., Carranza, S. A., Yunado, L., & Rincón, A. (2019). Evaluation of collaborative consumption of food delivery services through web mining techniques. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 46, 45-50. Available at, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969698918302339
Khoo, J. Z., Haque, N., Woodbridge, G., McDonald, R., & Bhattacharya, S. (2017). A life cycle assessment of a new laterite processing technology. Journal of cleaner production, 142, 1765-1777. Available at, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0959652616319631
Li, F. L., Horkoff, J., Mylopoulos, J., Guizzardi, R. S., Guizzardi, G., Borgida, A., & Liu, L. (2014, August). Non-functional requirements as qualities, with a spice of ontology. In 2014 IEEE 22nd International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE) (pp. 293-302). IEEE. Available at, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6912271
McDonald, P., Williams, P., Stewart, A., Oliver, D., & Mayes, R. (2019). Digital Platform Work in Australia: Preliminary findings from a national survey. Available at, https://eprints.qut.edu.au/201063/
Novita, D., & Husna, N. (2020). The influence factors of consumer behavioral intention towards online food delivery services. TECHNOBIZ: International Journal of Business, 3(2), 40-42. Available at, https://ejurnal.teknokrat.ac.id/index.php/technobiz/article/view/840
Petimar, J., Ramirez, M., Rifas-Shiman, S. L., Linakis, S., Mullen, J., Roberto, C. A., & Block, J. P. (2019). Evaluation of the impact of calorie labeling on McDonald’s restaurant menus: a natural experiment. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 16(1), 1-11. Available at, https://ijbnpa.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12966-019-0865-7
Thornton, L. E., Ball, K., Lamb, K. E., McCann, J., Parker, K., & Crawford, D. A. (2016). The impact of a new McDonald’s restaurant on eating behaviors and perceptions of local residents: a natural experiment using repeated cross-sectional data. Health & place, 39, 86-91. Available at, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1353829216300144