PROVIDE LEADERSHIP ACROSS THE ORGANIZATION
ASSESSMENT TASK 1
Define the term ‘leadership’ using your own words.
|Leadership is the artwork of motivating a collection of people to work together closer to a commonplace purpose. In a commercial enterprise placing, this will entail directing employees and co-workers according with approach designed to satisfy the agency’s objectives. This leadership definition encapsulates the vital traits of someone who’s successful and inclined to inspire others. Effective management is founded on ideas (whether or not authentic or borrowed), but it can’t arise unless and till the ones thoughts are communicated to others in a manner that engages them sufficiently to behave within the manner the chief dreams. To put it any other manner, the leader serves because the catalyst for and director of action.|
Identify and briefly describe at least five leadership skills and at least five leadership qualities you need to develop and uphold as a leader.
|Communication: Effective verbal exchange is one of the maximum important abilties of a leader. While strategizing is vital, techniques are nugatory without a team that knows the way to execute them.
Awareness: Additionally, a strong chief need to hold an eye fixed on the commercial enterprise process to decide which thoughts are effective and which aren’t.
Honesty/Integrity: Not all exquisite leaders are outcomes oriented.
Relationship Building: To some, business can also appear like often approximately manufacturing. However, production can be greater efficient when team individuals have accept as true with in one another and paintings well together.
Innovation: Strong leaders are usually progressive and recognize whilst changes to the workflow would advantage the business enterprise.
Great communication skills
Identify and briefly describe three major leadership styles.
“Follow me” is the most evocative word for this style of leadership (additionally known as “visionary”). The authoritative management style identifies self-assured leaders who chart the path and set up expectancies at the same time as engaging and energizing fans. In an technology of uncertainty, those leaders assist human beings see thru the mist.
When you lead with a training fashion, you often take a “Consider this” approach. A coachee views human beings as a reservoir of capability expertise that need to be advanced. The educate-style leader seeks to maximise humans’s capability.
The word “People come first” is regularly used to describe this fashion of leadership. Among all leadership styles, the affiliative leadership method places the leader close to the followers. A chief who demonstrates this style is responsive to and supportive of group .
Describe organisational strategic direction including mission, purpose, and values.
|Vision (assertion) also outline your organisation’s reason, however they recognition on its goals and aspirations. These statements are designed to be uplifting and galvanizing. They also are undying: even supposing the enterprise adjustments its approach, the imaginative and prescient will frequently stay the same.
Mission statements define the business enterprise’s purpose and number one objectives. These statements are set in the gift worrying, and they explain why you exist as a commercial enterprise, each to individuals of the employer and to human beings outdoor it. Mission statements have a tendency to be short, clear, and powerful.
The values assertion, instead called a code of ethics, is awesome from the imaginative and prescient and mission statements. The imaginative and prescient and undertaking statements articulate the enterprise’s course (imaginative and prescient) and the moves it’s going to take to get there (mission) (undertaking). They channel the efforts of the organisation’s members in the direction of not unusual goals. The values declaration articulates the organization’s ideals and expectations for how employees must behave—with one another, with customers and suppliers, and with other stakeholders. It establishes a moral compass for the company, guiding selection-making and establishing a benchmark for evaluating moves. Additionally, it establishes a fashionable by which personnel will choose violations.
Outline organisational and workplace policies and procedures you use related to providing leadership in the organisation.
|Promote management at all ranges and effective control throughout the organization: It is vital to understand that improvement sports increase beyond seminars and courses. Some of the only improvement is undertaken in the workplace along or under the guidance of respected colleagues.
Provide a framework for powerful, sustained help in leadership and management for all personnel in the corporation: People in exceptional elements of the agency may additionally have exceptional needs. It is important that the assist which we provide meets the needs of people, the teams they work with and the targets of the carrier.
Expectations of leaders and managers, operating inside the outside influences of felony, economic, countrywide context to: uphold and champion the strategic Vision, Values and Aims of the employer, gain our Key Service Improvement Objectives.
Define business ethics and describe how you apply business ethics to leadership styles and the organisation’s mission, objectives, and values.
|The term ‘enterprise ethics’ refers to the incorporation of fundamental moral standards into commercial enterprise activities, establishments, and corporations. Business ethics is concerned with the examine of ethical requirements – of right and incorrect – and their application (or non-application) to the manufacturing, distribution, and usage of products and services. These requirements follow to both person personnel and the company. In cutting-edge enterprise international, leaders are predicted to behave morally, to recognize what is proper and wrong, and to apprehend what can be beneficial or damaging to all stakeholders. Businesses can have an impact on their stakeholders undoubtedly or negatively via their activities, targets, and rules. Similarly, stakeholders may have a fantastic or negative effect on businesses. As an example, a enterprise that disposes of waste merchandise unethically has a poor impact on the environment, and accordingly has a negative effect on secondary stakeholders which include environmental groups and society. An employee who violates corporation coverage, which include stealing or discrimination, harms the company’s number one stakeholders, inclusive of other employees and the proprietor.
The moral chief recognizes the importance of tremendous relationships as the gold general for all organizational endeavours. Relationships of high exceptional, based on mutual appreciate and consider, not always agreement, due to the fact people need to activate each other, are the single maximum essential predictor of organizational fulfillment. The ethical leader recognizes that these sorts of relationships germinate and flourish within the fertile soil of essential concepts together with consider, recognize, integrity, honesty, equity, equity, justice, and compassion.
Briefly describe the following and provide examples:
- Organisational objectives.
- Organisational plans.
- Organisational strategies.
- Regulatory requirements of the organisation.
Organizational objectives are the fast- and medium-term goals of an enterprise. The time “objectives” refers to unique, quantifiable dreams. They are measurable objectives that each one organizational sports are directed in the direction of. They are the effects of the employer’s activities. Objectives outline the precise goals or benchmarks against which actual performance may be measured. “It is a future objective or favoured final results that a business enterprise desires to accomplish.” Without properly defined targets, planning is meaningless. Planning is guided by means of objectives, i.e., making plans is directed in the direction of specific goals.
Organizational planning is the technique of defining an company’s brief- and lengthy-term desires and growing and tracking precise strategies to perform them. Additionally, it involves staffing and resource allocation, making it one of the control group’s maximum essential duties.
“Organisational strategy” is a dynamic lengthy-term plan that outlines the course to reaching an corporation’s objectives and vision.” This definition may additionally look like quite truthful, but it includes pretty a bit of records! Consider some of the key phrases we used in the definition; you will begin to see the nuances hid in a unmarried, honest sentence.
All authorities’ regulations affecting business require corporations to stick to federal, nation, and neighbourhood statutes and regulations which might be administered by means of legislative bodies and implemented by means of regulatory agencies. Certain guidelines influence how organizations report their profits and pay taxes, while others govern how they get rid of extra materials or waste. Almost each industry and transaction are regulated with the aid of the government. The sheer volume of government rules affecting business can motive your head to spin, irrespective of whether you are a new or seasoned small enterprise expert. And finding these regulations may be a daunting challenge.
Identify and briefly explain organisational research methods and how you implement the research.
|(1) observation of the phenomena (facts) in the real world, (2) formulation of explanations for such phenomena using the inductive process, (3) generation of predictions or hypotheses about the phenomena using the deductive process, and (4) verification of the predictions or hypotheses using systematic, controlled observation. When this rather abstract description of the steps of scientific inquiry is shown within the framework of an actual research study, the process becomes much clearer.|
Describe the processes to establish and maintain a positive work environment for individuals and teams in an organisation.
Businesses with team of workers and employees wind up amassing a ton of sensitive non-public information approximately their employees. As a result, there are a spread of policies and rules about how employers ought to keep and secure this information.
Licensing and Permits: We have centred on federal laws and authorities’ policies on enterprise thus far, but that doesn’t imply that there aren’t ample kingdom regulations to recall to your small enterprise. Many kingdom and local governments have their own requirements for agencies, and they are just as critical to recognize as their federal counterparts.
Insurance: As quickly as you lease your first employee, you are legally obligated to purchase employee’s reimbursement coverage. All states, except for Texas, require corporations with employees to buy employees comp coverage.
Describe the processes you apply for any change of the organisation.
|An alternate control method can help ensure a unbroken transition and that your personnel are guided thru the trade procedure.
1. Clearly outline the trade and align it to enterprise desires: While this can appear self-obtrusive, many groups overlook this crucial first step. It is one element to articulate the necessary alternate; it’s far pretty every other to behaviour a important review towards organizational goals and overall performance targets to make sure the exchange will flow your business forward strategically, financially, and ethically.
2. Determine impacts and people affected: Once you’ve got decided precisely what you need to perform and why, you should verify the exchange’s impact at diverse organizational levels. Examine the effect on every enterprise unit and the way it cascades down the organizational shape to the man or woman.
3. Develop a verbal exchange approach: Although all employees must be concerned within the trade system, the primary two steps will have identified which employees need to be knowledgeable of the alternate.
4. Provide effective schooling: With the exchange message out within the open, it is crucial that your employees understand they will receive established or casual education to broaden the abilities
5. Implement a assist structure: Providing a guide shape is important to supporting personnel in adapting emotionally and nearly to trade,
6. Measure the exchange method: Throughout the exchange control technique, a shape must be in region to assess the modifications’ commercial enterprise effect and to ensure that possibilities for persisted reinforcement to construct proficiencies exist.
Assessment Task 2– Case Study
Confirm and communicate organisational mission and goals
|REPORTED BY||Babka||DATE OF REPORT||25 January 2022|
|TITLE/ROLE||Workplace discrimination||INCIDENT NO.||1|
|INCIDENT TYPE||Workplace discrimination||DATE OF INCIDENT||25 January 2022|
|LOCATION||TIME OF INCIDENT||10:15 am|
|CITY||STATE AND POST CODE|
|In this incident, the person whose name is Babka is a member of the operational staff in the organization he faces the issue regarding workplace discrimination in the organization. In this they make fun of him, laugh at him and insulted him in front of every organizational person. Things makes the big changes when they take the lunch break around 10:15 am and things are started changing the things are heating the environment and they are getting loud and the physical attestinitiated by the Thomas on the other hand Dave also helped the Thomas to tease the Babka.In this they are filed the report in the police station.|
|NAME/ROLE/CONTACT OF PARTIES INVOLVED|
|NAME/ROLE/CONTACT OF WITNESS|
|Any injury||q Yes q No|
|Nature of injury (e.g. burn, cut, sprain etc.)||Pain in right hand||Cause of injury (e.g. fall, grabbed by person)|
|Location of body
(e.g. back, left forearm)
|Outcome||q Treated by doctor qHospitalised q Workers compensation claim
q Returned to normal workq Alternative dutiesq Rehabilitation
|POLICE REPORT FILED?||q Returned to normal work q Alternative duties q Rehabilitation||PRECINCT|
|FOLLOW UP ACTION|
|Action||By Whom||By When||Completion and review
They need to take the action against the Thomas and Dave.
|By legal terms.||They are report regarding this incident in 12 pm noon on 25 January 2022.||In this situation they need to take the action regarding the organizational terms and they need to report with the legal terms.|
|SUPERVISOR NAME||SUPERVISOR SIGNATURE|
- Objectives, values, and standards of the organization- the organizational objectives are to inspire the employees and motivated them regarding their needs. They need to train them to do the good behaviours with all the organizational members and the organizational team. They need to help them and don’t make fun of them, in this, we are analysing the situation in the particular situation the employee name Babka who are facing all kind of work discrimination issues in the organization. so, in this particular situation, they need to teach them and give them the training regarding the organizational behaviours and organizational rules. They need to work for the specific kind for the adjectives. And they also need to follow the organizational principles.
Do the accessor objective work properly.
They need to cross the access objectives.
They need to work for the object distinction property objectives.
(Cheung, et al., 2016).
- Establishing a link between potential organizational needs and relevant groups and individuals- we are seeing this kind of condition in the organization so they need to guide them and tell them before they hire the new employee in the organization regarding their organization rules, responsibilities, and objectives. If any kind of situation occurs in the group of the people in the organization. They need to tell them about the organizational objectives. They need to give the organizational purpose and organizational direction of work.
- Communication organizational mission and goals of the team- they had the main and the important purpose of the organizational communication is to apply all the rules and regulations to the company. If someone breaks the breach related to the communication protocol so they are facing a big loss in the terms related to the organization and also you are creating the issue (Bowen, 2018). If the victim wants to report you in legal terms so he is able to report you and this thing are create a major issue regarding the particular person who is bullying them. If the manager wants to change the terms related to the organization so they are able to change it and they are making the new policy related to the organizational behaviours and organizational principles (Ofori, 2015).
- Expectations of teams and individuals of the workplace to perform their duties according to employee concerns-To listen to all the issues related to the Babka so they need to update the new organizational goals in the organization. they need to keep a positive attitude in the organization. they need to be punctual in the organization. they need to be dependable and help the other person in the organization. they need to keep the communication effectively in the organization.
- State your decisions for the improvement of the situation in your report- they need to make the decision by themselves and according to the organizational needs. They need to take care of the core of the company, they need to manage the workforce effectively, they need to do the hiring of the new employees, and they need to develop an effective decision-making process themselves.
In this, they need to add some points regarding making the new term relayed to the organization members and organizational protocols.
1 Decision making with the advice of the Human Resource in the organization, if you want to hire the correct resource for your organization so it is needed to realize the vision and leading the things with the online leading platform
2 Decision-making with the help of the production, because it is the typical thinking to demand the grow; it helps to increase the capacity of the production.
- Adapt interpersonal and leadership styles to meet circumstances and situations– they need to do the recognition of the teamwork they need to be focused on the purposeful leadership need to create the organizational plan for the organizational terms. If you had any reason related to your work so you need to make effective communication with your team leader. You need to take the design with the help of the organizational team and they need to address the proper problem to the manager.
- Improve the workplace policy– thy need to work for the full efficiency. They need to work for the company and its culture. They need t work for the ring your own device policy. They need to work for the regular raining policy. They also work on two way communication policy and procedure.
- New technology adopted into the work- they need to work with the artificial intelligence. They need to work with the fast internet services. Work with the biometrics work with the virtual reality.
|To – Team members|
|From- Team manager|
|Date- 14- 06-2022|
|Subject- improvement in the organizational policy and procedure.
Here by the all information, you all know that after some time we are facing some kind of organizational discrimination. We found guilty some people regarding this process. So, we need to do some changes in the organizational policy. in this process, they need to respect all the employees in the organization don’t tease them and don’t harass them, and not make fun of them. If someone is found guilty to do these things so this kind of thing again in the organization. so, the hire authorities take strict action on these things and the victim is also able to take strict action against it.
- Professional development plan template
|Project manager, operational manager|
Date to be reviewed
|Discussed with mentor/colleague||Manager||Discussed with manager|
|Skills gaps||Professional development activity||Method||Timeframe|
|They need to do proper communication with the team.||They need to do work on their communication process and their networking (Alwagfi, et al.,2020).||meeting||1 month|
|They need to developed the new policy and procedure in the organization.||They need to work on the organizational policy and procedure.||virtual meeting||15 days|
Professional development networking plan
|Identified gap||Development activity||METHOD||Details (provider, location, etc.)||Objective of development/networking activity||Timeframe||Cost|
|Build the relationship.||Developed the organizational rules.||seminars||Organization hall.||Relation development with the marketing people.||10 days||$10|
|Work with the profession.||Do the work with profession and make the organizational skills to access the organizational knowledge.||seminars||Organizational hall.||Set the organizational goals.||20 days||$30|
|Set the organizational goals.||Work with the efforts.||virtual meetings||Organizational hall.||Work with strategy.||15 days||$20|
|Create the action plan of the organizational works||Set the organizational action plan.||virtual meetings||Organizational hall.||Make the networking plan.||19 days||$30|
|Development in the organization.||Set the organizational training.||seminars||Organizational hall.||Achieve the carrier goals.||15 days||$20|
Assessment Task 3– Project
Influence and build teams and demonstrate personal and professional competency
Undertake project work, perform applying skills and knowledge and complete the following activities to demonstrate senior leadership behaviour and personal and professional competence
- strategies to build and support teams and individuals and
Strategies for building and supporting teams and individual can be explained as follows-
- A clearly defined purpose
- Assembling the potential team.
- Determining the set target goals.
- Setting expectations, vision, mission, and working for it
- Proper monitoring, reviewing, and monitoring of the plan.
- Celebrating and rewarding the personnel (Ford, et al., 2017).
- How to demonstrate personal and professional competence.
Demonstrating personal and professional competence by-
- Considering every circumstance and situation as an opportunity.
- Including a intellect and mastermind group.
- Working under proper authorities by finding a mentor.
- Understanding the worth of and using it wisely.
- Using technology widely and getting its advantages.
- Reading required information (Derwik, et al., 2016).
- Identify the two individuals of the project team who needs support and determine the required ethical conduct.
The two individuals of the project team who needs support and required ethical conduct for the same can be explained as –
Project manager –
Project manager should posses’ ethical values like trust, fairness in work, non-biased, honesty, respect towards everyone, responsible for his work, and accountability. Operational manager –
Operational manager should be concerned with how profit and revenue should be derived instead of quantity of profits. Operational manager should be fair in his work and should know his responsibility towards the company.
- Ways to role model ethical conduct in the workplace-
- Treating employees properly and respecting their efforts towards the company.
- Recruiting suitable and right candidate.
- Be sensitive and sincere in adopting changes in values.
- There should be transparency.
- Should be accountable.
- Know how to behave on social sites and internet websites.
- Choosing a proper workplace which suits one’s values (Cumyn, et al., 2019).
Encouraging others for promoting ethical conduct-
- Acting as a role model by being transparent and visible.
- Proper communication of required ethical expectations.
- Providing ethical training to them.
- By rewarding ethical accts for promoting ethical behavior.
- Punishing unethical behavior for setting examples.
- Providing potential protective mechanism (Fehr, et al., 2015).
- Project manager style – visionary and participative leadership style
Operational manager – Authoritative leadership style
|To: Project Manager, Operational Manager|
|Subject: To provide guidance and follow up.|
This is to inform you that you should follow and comply all the required policies, procedures, and required instructions. As the whole work procedure is under your control and you are managing the whole plan. It is important for you to maintain ethical code of conduct in the workplace by following all the potential business ethics. It is you responsibility to motivate the employees throughout the working operations by creating and maintaining a positive and healthy work environment within the teams. You can use your interpersonal leadership style for meeting the prevailing circumstances in the working operations. Also, Continue the requirements of professional development for maintain the professional competency in the workplace.
I hope you understand our requirements and would work for the same. If you have any queries please consult with HR management.
- Operation team includes following members-
Tom and Dave – both of them are Administrative professional and possess technical skills, therefore will be working for construction, alteration, extension, repairing, buildings or structure’s demolition, forming a part of land, walls, roadworks, etc. They will also aids in installing systems of heating, air conditioner, lighting, etc.
Tanya – She will be working for external cleaning for building.
Thomas – He will be working with Tanya in external cleaning of building.
Babka – He will be handling the integral part of operations.
- Required resources for achieving the set targets are machinery, tools, drainage, power supply, extension, repairing tools, water supply, lighting, equipment, fire protection, labor, etc.
- Objectives for achieving personal objectives of the team members-
- Better communication skills.
- Unity in team members.
- Dedicated towards their respective job roles.
- Develop an objective to achieve work program outcomes of the team.
Objectives for achieving work program outcome of the team-
- Acquainting and establishing proper and healthy Connections within the team.
- Encouraging and enhancing teamwork.
- Developing good communication skills.
- Improving Morale.
- Improving engagement.
- Fostering Innovation
- Working for Creativity.
- Building Trust within team members.
- Enhancing and working for building strong team Bonds.
- Ways for determining and developing innovative approaches are-
- Creating inspiring goals for one.
- Writing and noting everything you want to achieve and working towards it.
- Implementing the written targets.
- Using smart goals and working wisely for them.
- Re-evaluate goals over time.
- Get support wherever required.
- Enhance encouragement.
- Rewarding one’s performance and progress.
Case Study (Simulated Workplace)
Australian Constructions provide services to clients who wish to renovate, extend, or build their new dream home. Australian Constructions can manage the projects from planning, designing, permits and approvals right through to lock up. Their strong attention to detail and use of the highest quality materials ensures clients are extremely satisfied with the final product. The residential team’s attention to detail and willingness to complete the job on time and on budget has seen many happy customers and referrals. The company services include:
- New House Builds & Developments
Australian Constructions experienced management team can organise home designs or work of pre-existing drawings, will handle the construction process, liaising with council and building inspectors, take care of all of the various trades and ensure that your project is completed to your expectations in a professional manner.
- Renovations & Extensions
Renovating and extending client home not only adds value to it, but can create beautiful, new living spaces for their family to enjoy. Their aim is to make the process run as smooth as possible, ensuring clients are always kept up to date with the process.
- Home Improvements & Landscaping
Carports, decks and patio, bathrooms and kitchens renovations, landscaping… No matter what you need there are a couple of things we always consider – you must love the result and it needs to add value to your home.
Australian Constructions Strategic plan
Australian Construction Strategic direction assures that all our actions are logical and planned to contribute to the efficient delivery of projects and our overall standard construction process to achieve our long-term strategic objectives. Strategic direction aligns all resources for optimal results to reach our vision and mission.
The vision of Australian Constructions is to be a leading provider of Building Construction services in Australia by 2025. The company is committed to safety, continuous improvement and enhancing the objectives of key stakeholders.
Australian Constructions strives to offer the finest quality design, site preparation, cost estimates, construction, repair, and alteration to clients needing large scale construction services, whether it be office buildings, warehouses, large apartment complexes, public works, etc. Australian Constructions maintains the highest standards of service in the residential and commercial construction industry.
Values upheld by Australian Constructions
- Safety. The safety of our employees and the traveling public is everyone’s responsibility.
- Integrity. Our business conduct will include the highest level of honesty, ethics, and moral correctness.
Australian Constructions strategic goals include:
- To be an industry leader in building construction services.
- Maintain excellence in work health and safety standards.
- Retain high quality Building Construction staff.
- Increase revenue through repeat business and new acquisitions.
- Grow the business through expansion into other states.
Australian Construction has identified the potential for growth within the building and construction industry in Australia in the coming years. The company aims to increase its market share in the Victoria by 20% over the next three financial years.
To achieve this goal and measure its operational performance, five key performance indicators have been established for the company:
- To increase the number of new safety Building Constructions contracts by 15% over the next three financial years.
- To secure 80% client retention rate for ongoing contracts.
- Decrease operating expenses by 5% per year.
- To expand building construction services by opening offices in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, and Canberra over the next three financial years.
- To increase safety performance to 1% incident rate from 8% per financial year.
Keys to Success (Focus areas)
The local commercial construction market is booming at the moment. In order to achieve a defendable position in this environment, Australian Constructions must concentrate on the following tasks.
- Secure at least five large scale commercial contracts over the next three years.
- Expand our customer base through expansion into other geographic areas to retain a sufficient level of profitability.
- Increase marketing expenditures by 15%.
Australian Constructions Organisation Chart
Senior management structure
|General Manager||John Smith|
|Operations Manager||Sam Hunter|
|Marketing Manager||Alexis Bowen|
|HR Manager||Harry Chris|
|Project Manager/s||George Brown, Steve Aby, Naval Rauf, Tony Maxwell|
|HR Manager||Burke Stuart|
|Chief Engineer||Max Wills|
New House Builds & Developments
The construction team form part of a larger project team which include a project board, client representatives, design team and other stakeholders such as the building’s users.
(Note: The following is a fictional team of a business unit. Positions and names are fictional to follow the privacy law and meet the unit of competency requirements).
- Project Manager – Tony Maxwell (responsible for delivering the project)
- Site manager – Andrew Jason (clerk of works)
- Site engineer –John McDonald
- Team Leader – Garry.
- Marketing – Lucy, Mary Lin.
- Operation team – Tom, Dave, Tanya, Thomas and Babka.
- Main contractor
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly. This pertains to a number of different aspects of the project such as:
- Meeting deadlines and allocating the resources necessary to do so.
- Budgeting for the project and billing the client for completed work.
- Creating prototypes of drawings and designs.
- Keeping an eye on the scope of work and any changes or additions. In turn, change orders are managed.
- Collaboration with the Client and Owner’s Representatives to exchange information, obtain approvals, and adhere to project specifications.
- Collaborate on the development of a job site safety plan and policy.
- Purchasing materials and equipment, as well as consulting services.
- Oversee the control of documents.
Australian Construction operation plan
Operational plan outlines the activities and targets which Australian Construction will carry out in order to work towards achieving the aims and objectives set out in the strategic plan. It provides the framework for Australian Construction’sday-to-day operations. Operational plan covers a one-year period. Australian Construction strategic plan should be supported by annual operational plans.
A project operations plan shows the company’s strategy for carrying out construction projects. Contractors and sub-contractors typically use these plans on works projects. Project operations plan prevents any unplanned action that may not succeed in accomplishing project goals. The plan includes a predetermined and documented course of action on the project. Operation plan includes human resources required to undertake project work and physical resources such as machinery, equipment and tools required to carry out following:
- The construction, alteration, repair, extension, demolition or dismantling of buildings or structures and any works forming, or to form, part of the land, including walls, and roadworks.
- The installation in any building or structure of systems of heating, lighting, air-conditioning, soundproofing, ventilation, power supply, drainage, sanitation, water supply, burglar, or fire protection
- The external cleaning of buildings (other than cleaning of any part of a building in the course of normal maintenance) or the internal cleaning of buildings and structures, in so far as carried out in the course of their construction, alteration, extension, repair or restoration; 1. The installation in or on any building or structure of systems of telecommunications
- The external cleaning of buildings (other than cleaning of any part of a building in the course of normal maintenance) or the internal cleaning of buildings and structures, in so far as carried out in the course of their construction, alteration, extension, repair or restoration
- Operations which form an integral part including site clearance, earth-moving, excavation, tunnelling and boring, laying of foundations, erection of scaffolding, site restoration, landscaping and the provision of roadways and other access works.
Australian Construction standards
Standards are established criteria that define common specifications, methods, and procedures. By establishing common standards, Australian Construction ensures greater reliability and consistency in terms of product, service, and material quality, compatibility, and compliance. The Building Regulations set minimum standards for building construction. Approved documents provide guidance on how the building regulations can be met in everyday situations, and these are supported by a wide range of reference documents. Specifications typically include standards for materials, workmanship, testing, and so on. There are several organisations that provide standards for the built environment as follows:
Australian standards for constructions
The Australian Building Code and Australian Standards are a set of national technical requirements for the design, construction, and operation of buildings, as well as plumbing and drainage systems.
- Waterproofing of wet areas
- Inspection of buildings – general requirements
- Guide to the installation of ceramic tiles
- Masonry structures
- Residential slabs and footings
- Electrical installations (Wiring rules)
- Pliable building membranes and underlays
- Termite management for new building work.
ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001 are just a few of the standards that are particularly pertinent to the construction industry. ISO 9001 enables you to manage your subcontractors effectively on an ongoing basis by ensuring that appropriate processes and procedures are in place and that control is managed effectively.
One operation staff Aboriginal man Babka was discriminated and left out all the time according to his background. Others in the team used to make comments, laugh at, and criticise on work matters. Babka overheard a conversation in their meal break that was extremely derogatory to Aboriginal people. Racist comments about project teams were also made in his presence. On Monday, the 25th of January 2022 at tea break around 10: 15 am in the workplace lunchroom Babka and Thomas started a heating exchange of loud words which escalated to physical attack initiated by Thomas. Others had to move in for separating them before someone gets injured. Daniel, passing by admin officer saw the situation and started watching but not involving in it. Babka complained against two fellow workers namely Thomas and Daveto his team leader. Because the Babka felt he could no longer work with the two men and started being very upset and avoiding work situations where they have to work together, the team leaderbrought the matter to the project manager. The project manager heard from others that Babka was very grieved of the bullying and threatened to go to police or Fair Work.
After investigating the above incident, the project manager identified that Thomas and Dave need ethical conduct and professional competence and continuing professional development to keep up with workplace policies and procedures. Project manager also identified that he needs to facilitate improvements to organisational and workplace policies and procedures.
Skill sets of two individuals
Thomas and Dave are both administrative professionals. Successful construction careers require more than just technical expertise. The ability to interact well with others and perform well at work is known as soft skills. Communication, leadership, and teamwork are important soft skills in construction.
But both Thomas and Dave lack soft skills. Communication is important for both of them, but it’s critical in construction because of the complexities of building projects. Nonverbal communication is as important as verbal communication. They must improve their social skills. In the construction industry, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are vital. With so many subcontractors and craft professionals involved, the ability to see the project as a whole and adjust work as needed is critical to the overall schedule and budget.
Conflict management is another important soft skill that both require to develop. The ability to innovate and make sound decisions can mean the difference between a safe and unsafe workplace.
Media and language used for communicating organisational mission and goals to teams, individuals, and the market.
Australian Construction mission is available through all media such as website, plans, noticeboards, newsletters, and employee handbook. The language of the mission is formal but inspirational establishing the purpose of Australian Construction for all the stakeholders.Organisational goals are included in Australian Construction plans.They are communicated through team meetings and project meetings.
Employee concerns and expectations of internal groups and individuals
Construction workers reported a substantially higher proportion of work-related cuts and open wounds. Construction workers also experienced a greater proportion of injuries due to falls from height. In terms of disease-causing hazards, construction workers reported that the most common hazards in their workplace they were exposed to were airborne hazards, vibration, and noise. Australian Construction employees expect a safe work environment and support from senior management including required resources and tools for them to perform their work tasks.
Employees in Australian construction interpret their leader’s behaviour in terms of their own needs, including the degree of structure they require, their affiliation, their perceived level of ability, and their desire for control. For instance, if a leader provides them with excessive structure, they become demotivated. Thus, a leader’s ability to motivate their employees effectively requires an understanding of their employees.
|Alwagfi, A. A., Aljawarneh, N. M., & Alomari, K. A. (2020). Work ethics and social responsibility: Actual and aspiration. Journal of Management Research, 12(1), 26-36.
Bowen, S. A. (2018). Mission and vision. The international encyclopedia of strategic communication, 1-9.
Cheung, H. K., King, E., Lindsey, A., Membere, A., Markell, H. M., & Kilcullen, M. (2016). Understanding and reducing workplace discrimination. Research in personnel and human resources management.
Cumyn, A., Ouellet, K., Côté, A. M., Francoeur, C., & St-Onge, C. (2019). Role of researchers in the ethical conduct of research: A discourse analysis from different stakeholder perspectives. Ethics & Behavior, 29(8), 621-636.
Derwik, P., Hellström, D., & Karlsson, S. (2016). Manager competences in logistics and supply chain practice. Journal of Business Research, 69(11), 4820-4825.
Fehr, R., Yam, K. C., & Dang, C. (2015). Moralized leadership: The construction and consequences of ethical leader perceptions. Academy of Management Review, 40(2), 182-209.
Ford, R. C., Piccolo, R. F., & Ford, L. R. (2017). Strategies for building effective virtual teams: Trust is key. Business Horizons, 60(1), 25-34.
Ofori, G. (2015). Nature of the construction industry, its needs and its development: A review of four decades of research. Journal of construction in developing countries, 20(2), 115.