|Instructions to student|
|Schedule a suitable time with the trainer and assessor in week 5 of class to meet with the Project Sponsor played by the trainer and assessor.
You will meet with the Project Sponsor to discuss how to improve team performance and achieve work goals in simulated work conditions.
The trainer and assessor will observe and evaluate your performance during the Role-Play.
Before the meeting
During the meeting:
After the meeting:
Duration: 10-15 minutes
If you are absent from class, it is your responsibility to make alternative arrangements with the trainer and assessor to undertake the Role-Play. You may only reschedule once.
|Instructions to assessor|
|The student is required to role-play the role of the Project Manager and to discuss how to improve team performance and achieve work goals in simulated work conditions.
Observe and evaluate the performance of the student during the Role-Play.
· Print the Observation checklist before the Role-Play.
· Make sure to adjust this document to allow enough space for comments and feedback.
· Discuss the requirements of the Role-Play with the student to make sure that he/she is clear on what is expected.
· Observe and evaluate the performance of the student during the Role-Play using the checklist provided
· Ask the student to answer the support questions in this document and provide feedback
· Discuss the feedback with the student
· All parties to sign and date
· The student to submit the observation checklist with his/her assessment
You will be looking for the student’s demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills required to lead and manage team effectiveness.
Time- 10:00 am
Attendee- project manager, project sponsor
Location- conference hall
Project manager- hey sir.
Project sponsor- hello.
Project manager- now we are here to do the discussion regarding the development in the team performances and the goals achievement.
Project sponsor- how will we manage the performance to develop the work performance.
Project manager- we need to conduct the organization training for the better performance of team and conduct the proper training program for them we conduct the training program biased for the organizational needs and adjectives.
Project sponsor- what thing are developed for the organizational goals.
Project manager- in this we need to follow the organizational adjectives to achieved the organizational goals.
Project sponsor- in this we need to revised the organization business adjectives and set the organizational strategy for them.
Project manager- now, it is the all discussion i want to discussed. Thanks sir.
Project sponsor- thanks.
| Assessor to complete –
Tasks observed and standards expected
|Student performs work in an organised manner:
· Has prepared to discuss the issues, concerns or problems regarding work performance during Task 2.1-2.3.
· Notes suggestions from the Project Sponsor (assessor) to implement with team/individual team members.
· Notes any information provided by the Project Sponsor to be given to team members.
|Yes ☐ No ☐|
|The student discusses team performance with the Project Sponsor:
· Addresses the issues, concerns or problems regarding work performance
· Brainstorms ideas to improve individual and team performance
· Considers opportunities for individual and team learning
· Seeks inputs and feedback to improve own performance as a Project Manager
· Seeks inputs and feedback to determine remedial actions
· Listens to concerns expressed by the Project Sponsor
|Yes ☐ No ☐|
|The student uses communication and collaborative techniques to consult with the Project Sponsor:
· Uses communication techniques such as:
o Active listening
· Clearly communicates performance issues
· Clarifies any confusion or uncertainty
· Uses appropriate vocabulary and non-verbal features
|Yes ☐ No ☐|
|Feedback to student|
|Student to complete –
Questions to support the observation
|Answer /Response provided
|What performance issues did you identify?|
|What inputs and feedback di you seek from the Project Sponsor?||Some suggestion and support for increasing tem performance.|
|What can you improve when managing staff performance?||Training programs|
|What additional support could you provide to the team?||Brainstorming sessions|
|What is the most significant achievement of your team? How have they become an effective team?||If Time management and self awareness skills achived|
The responses provide supporting evidence of knowledge and skills required to lead and manage team effectiveness: Yes ☐ No ☐
Satisfactory ☐ Not Yet Satisfactory ☐
|Student signature acknowledging the feedback:
Assessor signature: ……………………………………………… Date: ……………………………