Observation Checklist – BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
|9th April 22
|Instructions to student
|Schedule a suitable time with the trainer and assessor in week 5 of class to meet with the CEO played by the trainer and assessor.
You will meet with the CEO to discuss how to improve team performance and achieve work goals in simulated work conditions.
The trainer and assessor will observe and evaluate your performance during the Role-Play.
Before the meeting
During the meeting:
After the meeting:
Duration: 10-15 minutes
If you are absent from class, it is your responsibility to make alternative arrangements with the trainer and assessor to undertake the Role-Play. You may only reschedule once.
|Instructions to assessor
|The student is required to role-play the role of the task force leader and to discuss how to improve team performance and achieve work goals in simulated work conditions.
Observe and evaluate the performance of the student during the Role-Play.
· Print the Observation checklist before the Role-Play.
· Make sure to adjust this document to allow enough space for comments and feedback.
· Discuss the requirements of the Role-Play with the student to make sure that he/she is clear on what is expected.
· Observe and evaluate the performance of the student during the Role-Play using the checklist provided
· Ask the student to answer the support questions in this document and provide feedback
· Discuss the feedback with the student
· All parties to sign and date
· The student to submit the observation checklist with his/her assessment
You will be looking for the student’s demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills required to lead and manage team effectiveness.
| Assessor to complete –
Tasks observed and standards expected
|Student performs work in an organised manner:
· Has prepared to discuss the issues, concerns or problems regarding work performance during Task 2.1-2.3.
· Notes suggestions from the CEO (assessor) to implement with team/individual team members.
· Notes any information provided by the CEO to be given to team members.
|Yes ☒ No ☐
|The student discusses team performance with the CEO:
· Addresses the issues, concerns or problems regarding work performance
· Brainstorms ideas to improve individual and team performance
· Considers opportunities for individual and team learning
· Seeks inputs and feedback to improve own performance as a leader
· Seeks inputs and feedback to determine remedial actions
· Listens to concerns expressed by the CEO
|Yes ☒ No ☐
|The student uses communication and collaborative techniques to consult with the CEO:
· Uses communication techniques such as:
o Active listening
· Clearly communicates performance issues
· Clarifies any confusion or uncertainty.
· Uses appropriate vocabulary and non-verbal features
|Yes ☒ No ☐
|Feedback to student
|Overall satisfactory demonstration of Skills and knowledge.
|Student to complete –
Questions to support the observation
|Answer /Response provided
|What performance issues did you identify?
|The performance issue identified was low motivation. The quality of work was not as expected.
|What inputs and feedback di you seek from the CEO?
|From the CEO attractive offers and incentives were announced so that employee gets motivated. And there is also a need to provide training to employees to enhance work quality.
|What can you improve when managing staff performance?
|There can be better communication and timely feedback can be provided.
|What additional support could you provide to the team?
|Mentoring can be provided and workplace activities can be conducted.
|What is the most significant achievement of your team? How have they become an effective team?
|At work team is given great presentation and they do good team work. They have effective team because they have similar vision and they know their roles and responsibilities.
Overall satisfactory demonstration of Skills and knowledge displayed including the power-point presentation
The responses provide supporting evidence of knowledge and skills required to lead and manage team effectiveness: Yes ☒ No ☐
Satisfactory ☒ Not Yet Satisfactory ☐
|Student signature acknowledging the feedback:
Assessor name……Joseph Raja S.……………….
Assessor signature: …… …………… Date: August 22……