Manage organizational customer service
To be filled out and submitted with assessment responses
◻ I declare that this task and any attached document related to the task is all my own work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s)
◻ I understand that if I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me
◻ I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks.
◻ I have read and understood the assessment requirements for this unit
◻ I understand the rights to re-assessment
◻ I understand the right to appeal the decisions made in the assessment
|Student ID number|
|——OFFICE USE ONLY—–
For Trainer and Assessor to complete:
◻ Student requested reasonable adjustment for the assessment
|Question||Marking Sheet – Assessor to complete.
Did the student satisfactorily address each question as instructed:
|Task Outcome: Satisfactory ☐ Not Yet Satisfactory ☐
Table of Content
|Task summary and instructions
|What is this assessment task about?||This assessment is a written questionnaire with a mix of objective and subjective questions.
The questionnaire is designed to meet the knowledge required to meet the unit requirements safely and effectively.
The questions focus on the knowledge evidence required for this unit of competency:
· legislative and regulatory frameworks governing customer service
· elements of effective customer service including quality, time and cost
· organisational policies and procedures for customer service and handling customer complaints
· relevant service standards and best practice models
· key principles of public relations and product promotion
· common techniques for solving complaints
· principles and techniques involved in managing:
o customer behaviour
o specific customer needs
o customer research
o customer relations
o ongoing product and service quality
o problem identification and resolution
o quality customer service delivery
o record keeping and management methods
· strategies for monitoring, managing and introducing ways to improve customer service relationships
· strategies to obtain customer feedback.
Your assessor will be looking for demonstrated evidence of your ability to answer the questions satisfactorily, follow instructions, conduct online research and review real or simulated business documentation as instructed.
|What do I need to do to complete this task satisfactorily?||· submit your answers to the questions within the set timeframe,
· answer all questions as instructed,
· answer all questions using your own words and reference any sources appropriately,
· all questions must be answered satisfactorily.
It is advisable to:
· review the questions carefully,
· answer the questions using online research and the learning material provided for the unit and by reviewing real or simulated relevant business documentation (such as policies and procedures),
· further research the topics addressed in each question.
|Specifications||You must submit to GOALS the
· assessment coversheet,
· answers to all questions,
|Resources and equipment||• computer with Internet access,
• access to Microsoft Office suites or similar software,
• learning material.
|Re-submission opportunities||You will be provided feedback on your performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task. If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you with written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date. You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal. You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the task.
Outline four (4) legislation and regulations that are relevant to customer service.
|Legislation and regulations||Outline
(40-80 words each)
|Customer Protection Act||It helps to provide fast and easy compensation to consumer grievances. It giives the power to the customer so that he/she can speak against any flaws found in the services and goods provided.
|Fair credit and billing Act||It is designed by federal law so that the customer can be protected from encountering unfair practices related to credit billing practices.
|Fair credit reporting Act||It allows customers the right to know substance, sources, nature and the sources of information collected from or on him and have any re-investigated information on him.
|Truth in lending Act||This acts makes it necessary for the creditors to disclose all the terms and vital information related to a credit loan to make it comparatively easier for him to judge as a prospective of the borrower to look and evaluate other financial products that are similar.|
Discuss the following elements of effective customer service:
|1) Quality – It is conceptualized as a gap found between what are the expectatins of the consumer about the services offered and what he actually receive.
2) Time- When the response time is poor repeatedly then can result in dissatisfaction among consumer and can be a major cause in loss of revenue.
3) Cost – It refers the services cost that are incurred by CollaGenex that is in connection with distributing products t consumers account, warehousing products, for billing and ordering process and collection activities (Cook, 2017).
Read the terms & conditions & policies of JB HI FI which provides a good overview of their customer service processes: https://support.jbhifi.com.au/hc/en-au , click on Terms and Policies.
Address the following:
|A||Summarise 3 organisational policy and procedures for customer service. (30-50 words/each)||1) Give first priority to the customer
|2) Provide customers with honest responses to maintain delf integrity and not break the promises made to the customers.
|3) Embrace their complaints as opportunities – Rather than acting defensively try to solve the problems and provide a sense of complete satisfaction to the customers (Cook, 2017).
|B||Describe how a customer can place a complaint with JB HI-FI? (30-50 words)
|To place a complaint on JB Hi-Fi customers can file a complaint by calling on the complaints line.
If the complaint is not solved at this stage then the customer can place a complaint via Email or complaint support form.
|C||Describe the JB HI FI handles complaints related to privacy. (50-100 words)
A consumer can register their complaint by calling on customer care or via Email or complaint form.
Then JB HI- FI handles the complaintcollectst the information and discusses it with the relevant business, finds out remedies, noitify their customers about the results concluded by the investigation.
|D||List 5 legislation and regulations that are relevant to customer service in the organisation.||1) Legislation related to data security
2) Consumer protection
3) Data protection
4) Equal opportunities
5) legislation related to trade practices.
Good customer service is part of a company’s success.
Address the following:
|A||Identify and list:
o 3 service standards relevant to customer service
o 2 best practice models for customer service
o Explain why service standards and best practice models are important in customer service.
|Service Standards: 1) Open a queue if there are more customers waiting on call
2) Greet the customers by using their first name
3) Respond to their enquiry as sooon as possible.
|Best Practice Model: 1) Hybrid model
2) Redirected service model
|Importance in customer service (40-80 words) These are important because they help the business to understand the expectations of the customers, obligations, and challenges that are faced by them.
|B||Outline 3 public relations methods. (30-50 words each)||1) Business events|
|2) Social media|
|C||Outline 3 product promotions methods. (30-50 words each)||1) Direct selling|
|3) Direct selling|
|D||Outline 2 techniques for dealing with customers. One technique must include techniques to deal with customers with specific needs. (30-50 words each)
Avoid patronizing and treat them in a way that they are valued consumers.
respect their suggestions and do not insist them on providing your own assistance.
Outline the following principles and techniques used when solving complaints. (30-50 words each).
|Question||Answer (30-50 words/answer)|
|A||o Why is it important to identify and understand customer behaviours?
o List 3 customer behaviours.
|It helps the business to understand the factors that affect their buying decisions. It help the firm to fill the market gap and identify new products in the market.
1) behaviour of seeking variety
2) Behaviour of habitual buying
3) Behaviour of complex buying
|B||How do you conduct customer needs research?||1) By using a survey method
2) Through personalized interviews
3) Through research data interpretation that is collected by another company.
|C||How can you manage good customer relations?||1) By building a partnership with them.
2) By understanding their expectations
3) By being responsive
4) By staying in touch with them (Tax, et al., 2013).
|D||How can you keep ongoing product and/or service quality?||1) By encouraging the agents to collect feedback on it
2) By establishing clear KPIs
3) By discussing with the team to eliminate bias
|E||Outline a process for problem identification and resolution.||1) Identify the problem
2) Find effctive solutions
3) Find out alternatives
4) Implement the solution that is finalized
5) Evaluate the resulted outcome
|F||How would you describe quality customer service delivery?||It refers to providing quick, friendly, and efficient services to the consumers and building and maintaining strong relations with them.
It can also be done by offering recommendations and help to the consumer.
|G||Outline one record keeping and management method.||1) Data Retention – It refers to acknowledging which record does the company needs to store, for how much time does it needed to be stored, and ensuring the regulatory and legal compliance that is essential to it.
What are 2 strategies for monitoring, managing and introducing ways to improve customer service relationships? Briefly describe them.
1) By understanding the needs of the customers – Can help the company to evaluate its product and whether it is sufficient to meet the requirements of the customers. And help the company to understand the current market needs (Tax, et al., 2013).
2) By setting communicative standards for service – it helps to provide the customer with effective and qualitative services.
|I||Describe 2 strategies to obtain customer feedback.||1) By collecting their feedback
2) By collecting information via focus groups (Deery & Nath, 2012).
|L||Briefly describe how to effectively solve customer complaints.||1) Actively listen to the customer complaint
2) Collect the detailed records of the registered complaint.
3) Discuss with the staff members about measures to solve the problem
4) Take required actions upon it
5) Conduct a follow up.
Outline how you would manage the following (include process and techniques you would use in your answer).
|Managing customer behaviours||1) By identifying expectations of customer
2) Engage some prospects related to customer
3) Evalute some metrics and processes
4) Look towadrs the future and determine actions according to it.
|Managing specific customer needs||1) By setting realistic expectations
2) try to underpromise then overdeliver
3) Always keep the lines open for communication
4) Always try to check in with the customers in the first place.
|Performing customer research||1) plan the interview
2) Never be afraid of sharing prototypes
3) Plan questions that are needed to be asked
4) Summarize the findings and collect feedback (Deery & Nath, 2012).
|Managing customer relationships||1) Always try to be responsive
2) Understand their expectations
3) do not make false promises
4) Build a strong partnership with them
5) Seek their feedback
- Privacy Act : https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/the-privacy-act/
- Anti-Discrimination Acts : https://www.humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/GPGB_quick_guide_to_discrimination_laws_0.pdf
- WHS: https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/
- Contract Law : https://www.acc.com/resource-library/australian-contract-law
- Advertising : (https://www.accc.gov.au/accc-book/printer-friendly/29527
- Australian Consumer Law and Marketing Communication: http://www.marketingminds.com.au/regulation.html
- Warranties and Guaranties : http://www.marketingminds.com.au/regulation.html
- Anti-competitive behaviour: https://www.accc.gov.au/business/anti-competitive-behaviour
- Advertising codes and regulations: https://www.communicationscouncil.org.au/public/content/ViewCategory.aspx?id=306
- Intellectual Property : https://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/about-us/legislation/ip-legislation
Cook, S. (2017). Measuring customer service effectiveness. Routledge.
Deery, S., & Nath, V. (2012). Customer Service Work, Employee Well‐being and Performance. Managing human resources: human resource management in transition, 100-122.
Tax, S. S., McCutcheon, D., & Wilkinson, I. F. (2013). The service delivery network (SDN) a customer-centric perspective of the customer journey. Journal of service research, 16(4), 454-470.