The company is a perpetual identity which had a group of people which are collected to make the individual as well as the goals of the company fulfil.
The management accounting gives the way to the company to complete the individual as well as the company objectives. It can be achieved better with the management accounting. Management accounting will let the company understand the way of doing management as well as the way of reporting the statements. It clears out all the aspect of the management.
Initially company was handled with the traditional way of accounting and management. Built with the time they had realised that the improvisation for accounting and management is needed. The research was done to knee the new way of management. Many case studies had been evaluated.
Below the assignment is based on the study done by the Watts, Yapa and Dellaportas in 2014. They had taken the new concepts of accounting as well as the new strategic management. They had dined research on the multinational manufacturing company. They want to know the overall impact of the research.
The journal which had taken for the comparison was David Taylor, Robyn King; they also simplified the method of management. They had studied that the management can be done with the traditional method but the improvisation and the innovation is needed in the traditional method for the proper management.
Identify any three (3) specific examples of the different types of management accounting methods and/or techniques from the case
In the given journal it was found that the change was done in the later part of the 20th century in the accounting system. The cost accounting was introduced. The techniques like JIT; TQM was intimated in the organisations. The purpose of adopting new techniques was with the two perspectives first for the long term change and other was operational or short term change. The firm had made different goals for the different perspectives. The strategy trigger for adoption was taken into the consideration for making it successful change (Watts, et. al., 2014).
Firstly it was initiated in the research factors to identify what are the essentials of the new accountings system; later the outlines were prepared for the adoption. The next strafe was the implementation of strategy, while the last was the outcomes of the strategy
The outcome will decide the overall impact of the strategy and whether the changes can be taken for the long term or not. The 3 examples of the types of the management are:
Operational Decision making: the company applies at the Key Performance Indicators (KPI). For the facility of production. The decision makers have issues about production. That the timeframes are have short term. And the mangers were taking decision with the ground level. The company have not used ABC and Bam in the operations. There is external and internal benchmarking which will be relied on the capabilities of specific projects. They also used scorecards for managing the activities. The company is utilising all the resource to find the better way of the accounting. The new costing method bifurcate the cost of the product in the various stages. The indicators were evolved to adopt thru ABC costing in the accounts. This will help to justify the cost of operation in the product as they utilise the operating. The overall cost was not allocated in the proportion of the units produced.
Tactical decisions making: the managers were involved in the generating KPI of the plants. The decisions were making the decision son the timeframe of 6-12 months. The management use tactical decision for making decisions. The company is calculating the supply chain management and the customer demands for making the tactical decisions. The decisions are mainly depend on the external information’s of the above. Management in addition with the management accounting system they are also laying emphasis on the information gathered from the external suppliers. There are issue arising in the decision making process as little information are not accurate. The company had also tried to implement the strategy on the initial level of the management but later on they had implemented in the overall company. The gradually adoption will help to know where the company had make defaults and how it can be recovered or can be rectified.
Strategic Decision making: the company had focused on the matters which had been leaded with the tie of 1 year. The shareholders, customers and the stakeholders have to be satisfied with the requirements of the global events. All the factors which are macro and micro economics will affect the strategic decision making. These are based on the mostly internal information of the company. The balances are based on the historical checks and the balances with the expected trends. The strategic managers have to be viewed the future to make decisions and to make better progress of the company. The company had also let the strategy formulation on the new accounting techniques. The company had made the strategies that how gradually adoption of the technique will help the company to adopt it as a whole.
2. Are MAS relevant to contemporary organisations
(I) Yes MAS are relevant to the contemporary organisations. The company have to apply the management accounting for the smooth function of the business…
It helps the manager to mating the records of the accounts and to verify it if it needed on the later. It will also helps in the organisation documentarian and proper maintenance of accounts. The MAS will helps to prevent fraud and the proper accounting of the records. It will keep the records the accounts for the long time. As well as the data will be secure as it password protected.
The advantage of MAS in the given case is:
- It helps in research and development of the business: it helps in the research of the organisations. The new planning is made as per the research conducted. It will helps in laying down emphasis to achieve the goals and objectives of the company. The organisation will make the new strategy for the achievement of the work.
- Strategy formulation: the next step is to make the strategy. The strategy formulation is the step in which the strategy has been planed as per the requirements of the company. The formulation will be on the present as well the future issues of the company (Luthans & Doh, 2012). The company has to decide which will the best strategy among the all strategy for the company point of perspective.
- Operational Cost: the operational cost will be reduces with the MAS. The cost of wastage will be reduced with the proper accounting system. There will be the proper method and balancing the inventory. The correct method of the entry and the exit of inventory will be places. It will help in reduction of stole of the inventory and the proper records with the authorisation will be placed.
- Security: with the MAS the record will be properly secured and the data protection will be increased. The security of the MAS will be done through biometric as well as the password protects. The backup of the data will be taken and can be recover wt the of the disaster or the lost of the files.
Firstly it was initiated in the research factors to identify what are the essentials of the new accountings system; later the outlines were prepared for the adoption. The next stage was the implementation of strategy, while the last was the outcomes of the strategy
The outcome will decide the overall impact of the strategy and whether the changes can be taken for the long term or not.
Comparisons with the other journal
the other journals was regarding the different value of management accounting in the new company the company had tried the historical method into he new start up company but at the late stage the research was found that the traditional methods are not so good. So company had approached new methods for the innovation (Taylor, et. al., 2019).
The study was done with the Techno co, who had made start up and adopted new technology over. 12 months.
The study found that the company had adopted both the methods of traditional as well as the new methods of the accounting, and the traditional method are made with the innovation in such a way to divers the functional areas.
Another experiment was done to know how the hierarchy can be evidenced to manage the controls and how the innovated ideas can be generated with this.
Difference in findings
The findings were different in the words nit in the result. Bath studies were concluded that the transitional methods are necessary to control the management but with the new innovations or with the new ideas. The organisations cannot be run on the original method but can be improvised with the new modern accounting.
In the first case the new technology was used such as TQM or ABC to manage the casing of the product, It helpos in the manage the product and the costing method.
While in the other journal the new ideas are generated to the control the management with the traditional method. They started with the tradiotnal and reached to the new innovative method.
3. What conclusions do you make about the relevance of MAS in today’s competitive and (in most cases)
The following are the conclusions of the MAS at the today competitive market:
- Forecast: the forecast of the company can be easy with the MAS. It will help in the decision making. It helps in the decision which machine should buy, whether it should invest in this project or not. Is this will give more profits to the company? The answer of the entire question will be made though the MAS. The future trends will be analysed in the company. The MAS will be useful the company for the future predictions (Myrelid & Olhager, 2015).
- Cash flows: the cash flows can be managed with the MAS. It will show from where cash had seen sourced out and where it has been utilised. The MAS will be making the proper CASH flow statement which will depict the interest borne on the loan of the company and the income of internet o which the company had made the investment. The company will be managing the investment and the flow of cash on that. The cash flow will also show that the company is funding through the banks or any financial institutions, or either through the issuing of the shares. The company will be making the records of the dividends that how much was paid in the last year, and how much it is to be proposed in this year.
- Variance calculations: the calculation of the variance is that the amount swill shown actual in the profit and loss will be differ from he expected. It will helps in the finding the difference between the expected an actual figures of the above. If the difference is much than the expected than the reason behind should be evaluated (Myrelid & Olhager, 2015). The MAS will give the proper accounting method to calculate the variance and the reason behind that variance by calculating the percentage on the with the expectation
- Rate of Return: the shareholder or the stakeholder both wants the maximum of profits on their investments. The MAS will calculate the rate of return and it will be compared with the last years of return, the MAS will find the reason if there is any reduction in the profits nada los will evaluate the reason for the extreme increment of the return. It will also give the highest t amount expended on which content. If it can be evaded then company should evade on the report mentioned by the MAS.
- Internal Control: the internal control can be done through MAS. The proper maintenance of employee’s s well as the assists can be done through MAS. The MAS will be locating the regular attendance of the employees if some employees are not performing as per the criteria then the mass will be reported on that. The MAS will also have records on the assets valuation. The valuation of the assets should be as per the norms of the accounting. The company should revaluate the assets or can impair it as the case may be.
- Internal Audit: the Internal Audit of the company means to verify the management of the accounting. The internal auditors can verify each and everything as per the internal norms of the company. It wills are the audit of the company easier task, as all the records had been verified once. The internal auditor will have to manage each and every before making the fuss
4. Provide four (4) specific outcomes or lessons learned from each of the two articles’ research findings.
The following conclusions drawn from the research:
- The Case of a Newly Implemented Modern Management Accounting System in a Multinational Manufacturing Company
- Formulation of the strategies: the strategies were easy with the new management at system. The company had started it from the beginning; the strategy was formulated with the management level to the law level. The management were simplified with this. All the category of the management was handled with the proper account system or with the help of internal control. The findings were that the managers were involve and as well as the employees were participating in the process of, acing strategies. It were motivating their confidence as well s they were being treated as the part of the organisation’s
- New costing method: the new management accounting had started evaluating the new accounting conceits. Which were TQOM, ABC, JIT and all other? The company had started to follow the system from the initial basis. The basis to manage the accounts a weal the to manage the entire organisation with the proper format. The company had made process in the 4 parts. First the need of the techniques was evaluated, after that the company had decide wither this tech issues were applicable or not… next stage was the implementation of the strategy. The strategy was initiated with the lower process and the then it was taken on the grand level. The company then took it into larger level. The next stage of the strategies was taken for the overview. With this process the company had implemented the successful strategy. The company had implemented to the new costing method. With the new costing method, the company had managed inventory system, and the operating cost was bifurcated on the basis of the ABC costing. All the proper way helped in the reporting manner, all the reporting was done on the timely manner as well as in the format. The cost was allocated in the product as they were launching.
- Management controls, hierarchy and innovation: a case study of a start-up company
- Old methods need innovation: the company had decided with the old traditional method. The later on stage the company had found that the company was not able to manage with the whole with the old method. Hence the company made a new innovation with the new technology, like added the new control methods, the security had been increased. Hence the control was managed in the proper way. The company were concluded the the company can be owned with the old traditional method but can be managed with the new method of the technology.
- Easy control of management: the management had been simplified with the new technology method. The boards were managed, all the financial were regulated. The security was improvised, the reporting manner was better. Overall the conclusion was that the new management accounting method can be handled with the old rational method of management.
The conclusion was very simplified with the case studies. In the given cases the company had adopted new technology. The case which is given with the brief was focused on the strategy formulation as well as the adoption of new accounting technique. The company had made strategies with the initial stage as all the part was divided into the 4 subparts to know the effects of the change.
The change in the management accounting from traditional to the modern accounting was must. Company will adopt the original method but innovation was needed in that as per the journal taken for the comparison.
In the case which was written by thru Brat and the team they had adopted the new accounting method which had explained above. And also they had made changes in the strategy formulation. This innovation will help the company to adopt the technology very easily.
Luthans, F., & Doh, J. P. (2012). International management: Culture, strategy, and behavior. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Myrelid, A., & Olhager, J. (2015). Applying modern accounting techniques in complex manufacturing. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 115(3), 402-418.
Taylor, D., King, R., & Smith, D. (2019). Management controls, heterarchy and innovation: a case study of a start-up company. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal.
Watts, D., Yapa, P. W., & Dellaportas, S. (2014). The case of a newly implemented modern management accounting system in a multinational manufacturing company. Australasian Accounting, Business and Finance Journal, 8(2), 121-137.