BSBPMG531 Manage Project Time
|Task 1 – Knowledge Questions|
· Access to textbooks/other learning materials.
· Access to a computer and Microsoft Office.
· Access to the internet.
Your assessor will advise you of the due date of this assessment via Canvas.
Submit on Canvas
1. This completed workbook
|Assessment Cover Sheet|
|Student declaration:||I declare that:
· I have read and understood all the information provided about the assessment requirements to complete this unit, the instructions, and the purpose and processes of undertaking this assessment task
· This assessment is my work and where other’s works or ideas have been used, I have appropriately referenced or acknowledged them
· I understand that plagiarism is a serious offense that may lead to disciplinary action.
Task 1: Knowledge Questions
|Question 1||Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using the following estimation techniques to determine the duration of tasks and the required resources:
· Analogous estimating
· Bottom-up analysis
· Reserve analysis. (approx. 60 words)
|Answer: 1. The advantage of Analogous estimating, it is an improved method in the primary phase of the project, when limited facts are recognized.
The Disadvantage of Analogous estimating, its occupations are at the basic level so it is not exactly like other plan assessment systems.
2. The advantage of bottom-up analysis, is that it leads to being pure exactness.
The disadvantage of bottom-up analysis includes that it is taking time to finish the project.
3. The advantage of reserve analysis, it is used for assessing the action price and duration.
The disadvantage of reserve analysis is that consuming too many possible funds can produce an assessment that might not be inexpensive.
|Question 2||Explain how you would identify the critical path within a project schedule. (approx. 50 words)|
|Answer:We can identify the critical pathway by following steps:
1. In each activity, write down the start and succeeding finish time.
2. To regulate the interval of the whole arrangement, look at the succeeding finish time of the previous activity in the whole arrangement.
3. So all the activities sequence with the long-term interval is your critical path.
|Question 3||What are the primary reference points for setting a project baseline?|
|Answer: For setting a project baseline, the primary reference points in the categories of starting dates, ending dates, exertion, extents, and estimation of costs that might be established to record the scheme plan original, once that scheme plan is refined or accomplished (Charité, et al.,2015).
|Question 4||Explain what a variance table is and how it can be used concerning the project baseline. (approx. 50 words)|
|Answer:A variance table means the procedures and actions of variability from the mean or average. It can be used as shows the start and end dates for both baseline data and schedule data, making it probable to assess in what way the project would be achieved by associating that estimate with the definite project(Levine, et al.,2013).
|Question 5||Identify the four phases of a project lifecycle and explain what each phase means or involves?|
|Answer: The four phases of a project lifecycle such as:
1. Initiating – Firstly in the initiating stage, the project is well-defined, then the goals, incomes, opportunities, and objects of the project are sorted out and also recognized.
2. Planning –In the planning stage, regulate the steps in what way you are implementing your project. The formation of a reasonable budget, indicators, and quantifiable foundations is also permitted which is essential.
3. Implementation –In the implementation, the project is executed which means your proposal is put into the achievement and saving the staff members along the way.
4. Closure – It is the final stage, all the scheme or plan activities are determined and turn the complete goods or facilities concluded to the original proprietors, and assessment of the entire development exertion.
|Question 6||Outline what is meant by the following time management methodologies. For each, how would you use it and explain their advantages and disadvantages?
· Activity log
· Action plan
|Answer: The time management methodologies, in the quick period allow the individuals to complete the extra preparation and organization.
1. We can use the activity log, for examining in what way you can usage of the time. It is supportive for energy variations path, and efficiency over the day.
Advantages of Activity log – It progresses the time management, possession of the time following, and efficiency improved.
Disadvantages of Activity log –The confidentiality invasion, and staff members have a high level of anxiety in the project.
2. We can use the Action plan whenever you required minor development preparation.
Advantages of the Action plan – The particular step can be followed, exertion, and problems are required or assumed in the path to the achievement.
Disadvantages of the Action plan –It includes the preparation possibility, consuming the time, and preparation is incorrect(Mitrou, et al.,2014).
3. The task list used for the arrangement of established actions you have required for the plan is over.
Advantages of Tasklist – It is including the achievement intelligence providing, and recovers the efficiency.
Disadvantages of Tasklist –It might be producing extra pressure or anxiety than proficiency.
|Question 7||Explain how the following project scheduling tools and techniques function:
· PERT chart
· Gantt chart
· Critical chain management
Answer: 1. The PERT chart used by the project director to produce accurate agendas by assessing their interval and movements is organized over the assigning three-time assessment for them individually.
2. The Gantt chart was used for the preparation and development of the project. It can be supporting the measure that how much time should be taken for doing the project, and also resolve the essential possessions.
3. Critical chain management supports to adapts the schedule of the plan to reason for imperfect properties by the addition of the period buffers which are non-effort agenda actions(Leach, et al.,2014).
|Question 8||What is a WBS and how can it be applied to the project schedule?|
|Answer: A work breakdown structure in the plan organization is the process of finishing a complex project of multi-stage. It can be applied as it helps as a scheduling tool to support the development team plan, establish the choice, and also describe deliverables (Devi, et al.,2012).
Charité, J., Fisman, R., & Kuziemko, I. (2015). Reference points and redistributive preferences: Experimental evidence (No. w21009). National Bureau of Economic Research.
Levine, G. (2013). A guide to SPSS for analysis of variance. Psychology Press.
Leach, L. P. (2014). Critical chain project management. Artech House.
Devi, T. R., & Reddy, V. S. (2012). Work breakdown structure of the project. Int J Eng Res Appl, 2(2), 683-686.
Mitrou, F., Cooke, M., Lawrence, D., Povah, D., Mobilia, E., Guimond, E., & Zubrick, S. R. (2014). Gaps in Indigenous disadvantage not closing: a census cohort study of social determinants of health in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand from 1981–2006. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 1-9.