This report includes a discussion of the research methods used in the consultancy project. The selected topic of the group project is focusing on use of digital methods for social awareness. The reason for selecting this topic is to enhance the knowledge and explore the aspects of social awareness for society and young adults. The report will describe the different research methods used to resolve social problems encounter in society with social awareness by digital technology. The research methods are beneficial in any research project as it makes the research more accessible. The discussion of different research methods will be described in this report. The report will include the critical evaluation of the research methods which makes the research proper and appropriate. The report will include a reflection on future consultancy projects. The research methods are beneficial in the success of any research project.
1. Understanding of research methods as evidenced by discussion of methods selected and breadth/depth of reading
Research is a study proposed for a particular topic and concern aspects. Research is helpful to describe and resolve a particular real world problem. Many people organizes research so that they can facilitate active solution for define issues and problems. It includes a define process which include identification of topic. Once the topic get selected, them aims and objectives been drafted so that project focus on right path and goal. Later, literature review has been prepared for the study which includes various scholar and writers perspective with academic and authenticates sites. On the basis of selected method, research methods lead to selected for a project with sample size. Moreover, study also involves data collection and analysis process with conclusion and recommendations at the end.
The research methods are very useful in the research consultancy projects which focus on use of digital technology in social awareness event. The research methods can be used for doing the research project in an appropriate manner. There are different types of research methods like qualitative research methods, quantitative research methods, primary collection of data, a secondary collection of data and many more (Johnson and Vindrola-Padros, 2017). All of the data collection and data analysis are two important research methods which carried a successful research project.
The selected method for this research is qualitative research as this is based on the literature and the data collected from previous articles and journals. These journals were about in depth understanding of digital technology and their application on the social awareness. These journals and online articles became major source of knowledge and learning about the feedbacks received during data collection. The quantitative method helped in framing future technology as well as future deals for the development of the research ethics. The literature that will be studied is basically collected from some online journals and articles telling about the impact on childhood and social changes that can be done using digital technology.
2. Evaluation of the challenges faced in data collection and analysis, with due regard to ethical and practical considerations
The data collection and data analysis are two essential methods included in the research. By using these two methods, the research project becomes complete and appropriate. In these two important methods, many challenges occurred as per ethical and practical considerations (Fryer, et. al., 2012). Following are some of the issues and challenges encounter while organize the proposed social awareness study:
- Ethical issue: The ethical issues have mainly arisen in the process of data collection and data analysis which affected the whole research project. Ethical consideration is essential for research due to human intervention (Taguchi, 2018). The same was experienced while the team was analyzing data resources from different sources.
- Deception: The one must avoid the use of deception in data collection to proper monitoring the study. The privacy of respondents is the main ethical issue in data collection. There has not been any deception and any sort of cheating of facts changing during the course of time.
- Accuracy of information: The main challenges in data analysis are the data analysis is time consuming in the data collection activities. It is difficult in the large research, lack of people who correctly understand the project and insufficient expertise in data analysis (Reed, 2018).
- Data privacy: One more significant issue is data privacy which constitute with information. It is essential to understand information properly and protect it. Thus, data theft and privacy become major and concern problem in the research. Privacy has been maintained by keeping limited access to the data and making changes accordingly.
3. Critical evaluation of the appropriateness of the methods selected
According to Suhonen, et. al., (2015) appropriateness of research methods defines the methods which are the most suitable research approach as per the research methodologies. Appropriate research methods make the research proper. The two research methods which consider as appropriate for the study include:
- Qualitative research method: It is a primary exploratory research method which helps to uncover the thoughts and define some reasons, opinion and motivation (Vargas-Urpi and Mireia, 2017). A clear understanding of problem gets evaluated with development of hypothesis (Abrahamsen, et. al. 2016
- Quantitative research method: This information method is helpful to determine the problem with some numerical terms and data. It is helpful to define some facts and figures for more evaluation of the proposed study and research. It includes survey and some information from secondary sources for statistical differentiation (Wilson, 2016).
4. A personal reflection on how the project will inform future research consultancy projects and/or professional practice
As per my knowledge, the research methods are essential in future research consultancy projects. The research projects give the best results by using the research methods. I am aware of the use of research methods that they are the most critical part of the research project. The data collection and data analysis methods help the researchers to carry out the successful research consultancy projects and study various resources including existing and future use of digital technology in social awareness. The primary and secondary purpose of data collection is selected in this project which is included in the best methods of research as per my experience (Mmari-blum, et. al., 2017).
The proposed project is helpful for the future study. The future research project can be prepared on social awareness for some specified aspects like discrimination. I have prepared some points in the study for better awareness about a project. Major issues like data privacy, appropriate information from human, disruption are some problems encounter with a study. Thus, future study can focus on research methods and issues associated with a project. I have researched such aspects properly so that data become effective and study went into right and proposed direction.
In this report, the research methods have been discussed which are very efficient in the projects of the consultancy. This report has been discussed the primary and secondary method of data collection which provides the related data to the particular project and also gives the best results of any research. This report has been included the various challenges that occurred in the process of data collection, and data analysis like data analysis is time-consuming, the privacy needed by the respondents and many more methods. The evaluation of appropriate research methods has been described in the report. At last, the personal reflection of the research methods has been described. This was all done to identify the current factors and future needs of the data resources and social impact and appropriate future analysis on the same.
- Abrahamsen, M., Henneberg, S., Huemer, L., & Naudaaaaaea@, P. (2016). Network picturing: An action research study of strategizing in business networks. Industrial Marketing Management, 59(C), 107-119.
- Fryer, C., Mackintosh, S., Stanley, M., & Crichton, J. (2012). Qualitative studies using in-depth interviews with older people from multiple language groups: Methodological systematic review: Review of language appropriate qualitative research method. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(1), 22-35.
- Johnson, G., & Vindrola-Padros, C. (2017). Rapid qualitative research methods during complex health emergencies: A systematic review of the literature. Social Science & Medicine, 189, 63.
- Mmari, Blum, Atnafou, Chilet, De Meyer, El-Gibaly, . . . Zuo. (2017). Exploration of Gender Norms and Socialization Among Early Adolescents: The Use of Qualitative Methods for the Global Early Adolescent Study. Journal of Adolescent Health, 61(4), S12-S18.
- Reed, P. (2018). Entanglement and the Relevance of Method in Qualitative Research. Nursing Science Quarterly, 31(3), 243-244.
- Suhonen, R., Stolt, M., Katajisto, J., & Leino-Kilpi, H. (2015). Review of sampling, sample and data collection procedures in nursing research–An example of research on ethical climate as perceived by nurses. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 29(4), 843-858.
- Taguchi, N. (2018). Description and explanation of pragmatic development: Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research. System, 75, 23.
- Underwood, & Waterson. (2013). Systemic accident analysis: Examining the gap between research and practice. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 55, 154-164.
- Vargas-Urpi, Mireia. (2017). Combining different methods of data collection in public service interpreting doctoral research: Examples from the Spanish context. Translation & Interpreting, The, 9(1), 88-101.
- Wilson, V. (2016). Research Methods: Triangulation. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 11(1), 66-68.