SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
Table of Contents
First and foremost, GPS trackers could be used for tracking the drivers and developing an understanding regarding how their work is going on, since it is very tough and exhausting for drivers to complete a whole tour, one more driver or a guide should be appointed so that the work will get divided and there will not be much pressure on one person only.
Every driver will be made aware of the use of GPS devices on vehicles, and if they feel fine regarding the same. After the difficulties of drivers were assessed regarding regards to them not being able to finish their job effectively, it will be their choice whether they want to add one more person either as a driver or guide for helping them in finishing their job. Before application, each staff member will be properly trained and fully energized (Li et al., 2020).
- Every vehicle will be taken for professional auto repairing as well as inspection.
- The professional car engineer will be summoned for regular inspection.
- Application of regulations regarding food safety as well as hygiene will be done by each staff member.
- Training will be provided to staff for complying with the standards of hygiene.
- Rewards, as well as fines, will be set, and the staff members will be able to report each other for not obeying the rules.
- Some of the tour fees will be refunded to customers if any kind of hygiene issues will be reported by them
- A meeting will be conducted with all the staff members regarding the new work plans.
- If anyone will have any questions or problems regarding the new changes, they will be addressed.
- All responsibilities in line with the vehicles, like cleaning as well as inspection will be of the drivers.
- The guides will have to manage the routes of the tour and the time to be spent at each spot.
- The team involved in the preparation of food will pay attention to the suppliers, hygiene as well as the offering needs of different customers.
- It will be the duty of the guide to ensure the issues regarding the safety of any customer.
Yes, the specification of the new job will have to be provided in writing, at least 6 of such specifications will be written.
The direct cost of estimation involves the salary cost of the new tour, inspection cost of vehicles, material cost (paper printing, new hygiene qualified equipment), and repair costs. While the indirect cost will involve the HR cost, office cost, or the non-operation losses during this time of adjustment (He et al., 2020).
Yes, there will be the need for pieces of training. Some professional guidance will be needed by the rivers and hygiene study class by the team of food preparation. But the newly hired guides, need to know every spot of the complete tour, which will be already offered to them for studying before work.
- The day-to-day operations won’t get impacted since everything is planned and executed systematically and things will not add more responsibilities but is a delegation of appropriate responsibilities to each staff member.
The nature of the complaint here seems to be that of sexual harassment. Since it has been clear from what Elena told that she gets silent offensive remarks from her supervisor very frequently, she also noticed him stalking her on numerous occasions after the work and he also ensure that he is working the same shifts as her.
- In the first place, Elena should be reassured that she is being taken seriously.
- All the evidence provided by Elens will be collected
- Changing the shifts of Elena and her supervisor.
- Investigating whether her complaint is real, by checking the surveillance camera or inquiring the office staff (Siuta & Bergman, 2019).
- Assuring Elena’s supervisor, that a fair investigation will take place on behalf of the accuser and the accused.
- Interviewing all the main witnesses in this matter and asking open-ended questions along with seeking facts that approve or disapprove the allegations made by the employee.
- Interviewing supervisor, applying the same respectful approach with him as accorded with the accuser.
- Consulting with the attorney for making sure that the whole situation is looked upon reasonably and purely based on the collected pieces of evidence.
- Make sure that the attorney also supports your direction.
- Deciding whether this incident of sexual harassment took place, is based on documentation as well as advice from attorneys and colleagues.
- Changing a reporting assignment if required.
- Assuring the employees that no incidents like this occurs by follow-up, and documentation of that follow-up, with the employee who filed the original complaint, keeping all the documentation separate from the personal file.
As a manager, it is my responsibility to understand completely the act of sex discrimination along with other laws on discrimination, and sexual harassment, and should also make sure that the development of a written policy is done, that prohibits sexual harassment and assure employees of a safe workplace. The complaint should also be immediately reported to the EEO officer (Hardies, 2019).
The areas that are to be investigated are the operational issues, meal servicing, quality of meals, one-on-one conversations with the sous chef and the head chef regarding the lack of equipment capacity they say have been faced by them, and conversations with the front-of-house office.
A systematic approach for the same will be –
- Interviewing all the staff members regarding the issues in their specific areas individually.
- Take a note of the reviews of the customers and the problems they have been facing.
- Trying to understand their problems and discussion of best possible solutions for the same problems.
- Implementation of the solutions in a systematic manner.
Since the budget is still 5 months away, the potential solution will be to buy this equipment on credit or rent them for some time, until and unless the equipment is acquired.
In the food as well as beverages section, the quality of meals is to be inspected and since it is bad, what are the reasons for the same. The lack of some equipment capacity and other issues faced by chefs and the investigation of complaints regarding the meal services (Phucharoen & Sangkaew, 2020).
Details of staff that are involved in this process include:
Operational staff – for operational issues
Kitchen staff- in quality and preparation of food.
Waiters – regarding the delays in service of food.
Front of house or F & B staff – according to whom everything is going normal.
A meeting should be conducted with the manager as well as supervisor, and the new set up policies, as well as the procedure, should be discussed for all the departments involving each product as well as services and should also be enforced strictly for each staff member.
HR: a full-time staff needs to be hired, the number of part-time staff should be decreased in each department of the hotel. Because of the new management, there should be re-interview as well as observation of all the staff members, and only those who are suitable and excellent should be chosen to make them stay. A series of training classes should be arranged on service for the staff members to put inappropriate job positions and providing apt induction for the senior staff.
Food, as well as beverages: a written procedure, should be developed for weekly or daily presence of beverages, every head chef as well as sous chef who cooks, should ensure making the same recipes and same presentation of food. All the processes of cooking should be organized as well as recognized in the meeting (Ushakov et al., 2020).
Housekeeping: all the staff of housekeeping should be trained for cleaning as well as setting up of the room under the same kinds of procedures. There should be daily operational meetings for monitoring the progress as well as discovering the problems and also ensuring to solve them.
Establishment of transparency as well as effective communication, since the selection of staff, has already been done because of new management, we need to encourage and compliment these staff members, For all the pieces of training as well as strict policies for the future of hotel for getting better as well as competitive.
Personal counseling should also be provided when needed, the implementation should be monitored, by observation as well as an examination of their performance, with the help of customer reviews. Rewards, as well as a punishment system, should also be implemented for encouraging them to behave as well as study better.
Hardies, K. (2019). Personality, social norms, and sexual harassment in the workplace. Personality and individual differences, 151, 109496.
He, L., Zha, J., & Loo, H. A. (2020). How to improve tourism energy efficiency to achieve sustainable tourism: Evidence from China. Current Issues in Tourism, 23(1), 1-16.
Li, Y., Li, R., Ruan, W., & Liu, C. H. (2020). Research of the effect of tourism economic contact on the efficiency of the tourism industry. Sustainability, 12(14), 5652.
Phucharoen, C., & Sangkaew, N. (2020). Does firm efficiency matter in the hospitality industry? An empirical examination of foreign demand for accommodation and hotel efficiency in Thailand. Journal of Tourism Analysis: Revista de Análisis Turístico.
Siuta, R. L., & Bergman, M. E. (2019). Sexual harassment in the workplace. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Business and Management.
Ushakov, R. N., Kryukova, E. M., Khetagurova, V. S., Mukhomorova, I. V., & Zelenov, V. V. (2020). The efficiency of hotel management. Training of specialists in the hotel industry field. Journal of Environmental Management & Tourism, 11(2 (42)), 388-395.