Assessment 1 – Knowledge Assessment (Written Tasks)
1.1 Introduce Best Sustainability Practices into Workplace.
After getting the training about several sustainability interventions the further step is related to building the idea about several aspects essential for sustainability approach of the organization which mainly includes:
- Be intended about sustainability
- Partner with employees
- Water as well as electric preservation
- Effectual supply chain (Haseeb, et. al., 2019 )
- Cultivate a recycling program
- Chemical management
- Consumption of only energy efficient products
- Cultivate sustainability work policies
1.2 Sources to Locate New Information About Sustainability Changes and How Should Identified Changes Be Communicated to Employees
The sources to locate the information about sustainability changes relates to the usage of inline media portal and official website of the company. This ensures to make employees and stakeholders understood about business process.
The communication of change with employees could be processed by attaining meetings and group discussions (Selig, 2018). This will provide with the idea of handling their doubts and information process effectually.
1.3 Why WHS Should Be Considered When Introducing New Sustainability Initiatives
This could be analysed that sustainability intends to build the practices which includes effectual usage of material resources, waste and environmental degradation. The interventions of such aspects most of the times creates certain influences which might hamper the health care perspectives to be challenged. In this specific approach WHS strategies helps to build the changes essential for business growth.
1.4 Why Is It Recommended That Sustainability Policy Development Is Done Using a Continuous, Iterative Approach?
The sustainability approaches ensure to build the workplace aspects managed only the environment friendly perspectives. This could be analysed that more the business will attain the contributes improvements values more it will ensures to build the changes and development. The continues values as well as timely interventions helps to measure the changes and procedures necessary to be gained on the broader context (Husgafvel, et. al., 2018). This also helps to maintain the evaluations and values which somewhere provides with the significant idea to let the development be measured efficiently. On the other hand, ensures to identify the evaluations significantly.
1.5 Sustainability Principles, Practices, Systems, Techniques, Procedures, And Tools That Can Be Used to Implement ICT Sustainability Improvements Within a Business.
The Principals of Sustainability are the foundations which provides with the idea about concept associated with the specific approach. This mainly includes:
- Economical Perspectives which ensures financial values.
- Society Perspectives which helps to measure customers as well as employee’s needs.
- Environmental Perspectives ensuring the business values and evaluation.
There are several Sustainability Practices which provides with the idea of determining about the business perspectives essential to be measured on the broader run.
- Implementation of recycling program
- Energy conservation in the workplace
- Promotion of paperless work environment
- Collaboration green vendors
- Reduction by reuse (Salunke, et. al., 2019)
- Investment in the office plants
- Conservation of human energy
- Encouragement of sustainable transportation
- Intervention of outsiders and volunteers
The Sustainability System mainly includes the variants which provides with the idea of managing several functions associated with the environment. Along with that, includes the perspectives to manage economic and operational values on the broader context (Distanont and Khongmalai, 2018). This also ensures to measure social and human resource engagement in the workplace. This aims to regenerate the resources utilized in working environment.
There are several Techniques which could be comprised in terms of building the sustainability interventions on the broader and effectual context.
- IoT integrated automated systems
- Grid hybrid system
- Solar thermal cladding
There are several Sustainability Procedures which provides with the idea of building the information and evaluations required to be measured and gained on the broader context.
- Inspire workforces to use public transport
- Change to eco-friendly office lighting
- Switch to post-consumer waste (PCW) paper, paper products, as well as packaging
- Develop intricate in community
There are several Sustainability Tools which helps to build the changes and interventions required to be measured and initiated on the broader context. These are the factors providing with the idea of engaging the interventions necessary to be determined.
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Social Life Cycle Assessment (SLCA)
- Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
- Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA)
These are specific approaches which could be used while initiated the sustainability interventions in the workplace (de Guimarães, et. al., 2018). This could be determined more the business values will be enhanced and managed by the suitability attributes more it will be helpful to measure the changes and evaluations on the broader context.
1.6 Commonality Between Lean Operations and Reduce Waste.
Lean operation includes the approaches which provides with the idea of attaining certain changes and evaluations which ensures to build better customers interventions. This provides with the advantages of attaining effectual waste management. The effectual lean operations provide with the idea of handling the changes and procedures necessary to measure the workplace engagement. Some of the procedures of lean operations which helps to attain better waste management are:
- Moderate waste triggered by extra inventory as well as over-production.
- Decrease labour expenses linked to preventable motion
- Lessening transportation-related waste
- Moderate over-processing waste
1.7 Best Practice Approaches That Can Be Implemented to Introduce Sustainability Solutions When Implementing ICT Projects.
This could be defined that the ICT projects attains the values and interventions necessary to be measured by the changes and moderate influences required to gain the modifications. There are several approaches which could be used to resolve the challenges and issues allied with the project intervention.
- This is necessary to focus on three major interventions which mainly incudes governance science, sustainability science and data science.
- This is necessary to attain proper decision making aspects so that the changes and procedures could be handled efficiently (Haseeb, et. al., 2019).
- Several theoretical framework and values are necessary to be measured and initiated in terms of building the development on the broader context.
- The aspects get influenced by human behaviour so the changes and values are essential to be measured efficiently.
1.8 Assess Sustainability Policy Development Processes and Practices That Organizations Implement.
This could be determined that sustainability development process and practices makes broader interventions over the values and objectives associated with the business culture.
Sustainability policy development processes are:
- This is necessary to recognize the future agenda and seize of the momentum which provides with the idea of building broader changes.
- This is also necessary to attain clear implementation of the mechanism and accountability channels on the both national and subnational levels.
- Allocation of the effectual funds required to accomplish the sustainable development goals (Selig, 2018).
- Proper communication about different sustainability changes necessary to be processed on the broader context.
- Attaining the effectual and broad participation.
- Necessary to take the responsibility of several associated tasks.
- Reverence the collective, interwoven and inseparable nature of the agenda.
Sustainability policy development practices are:
- Cost reduction
- Green distribution channel
- Education and training support to employees
- Work safety parameters
1.9 Explain Why Many Modern ICT Organisations Are Adopting Sustainability Systems and Procedures, Like Environmental KPI Reporting.
This could be determined that the environmental KPI reporting provides with the idea about different aspects necessary to measure and maintain the environmental perspectives on the broader context (Husgafvel, et. al., 2018). The current suitability system provides with the environmental management along with the waste management and safety parameters necessary for employees. Attaining different values on the significant approach attracts modern organization to measure this specific approach.
1.10 Calculate The Average Monthly Power Cost of Running the Server.
The calculation follows as below:
Dell PowerEdge R610 server with dual power supply runs for – 24 Hours
Watts used by device – 1400 watts/per hour
Current cost – $0.35 per KWh
Device Wattage (watts) x Hours Used Per Day = Watt-hours (Wh) per Day
1400*24 = 33600 Wh
Device Usage (Wh) / 1000 (Wh/kWh) = Device Usage in kWh
33600/1000 = 33.6 kWh
Daily Usage (kWh) * 30 (Days)
33.6 * 30 = 1008 kWh/Month
Estimated cost for one month = Current cost * Monthly usage
0.35 * 1008
1.11 Summarise The Power Consumption and Energy Audit Methodology? How Would an Energy Auditor Conduct an Audit Which Satisfied the Requirements of AS/NZ 3598?
There are basically two types of power consumption and energy audit methodology which provides with the broader idea of dealing with the cost values and aspects efficiently.
Preliminary Energy Audit Methodology
- Establishing energy consumption in the workplace.
- Estimation of the saving scope
- Identification of most likely area of attention.
- Identification of immediate improvements.
- Set the reference point (Salunke, et. al., 2019).
- Identification of areas for more detailed study
- Usage existing of easily available data.
Detailed Energy Audit Methodology
The energy audit methodology includes the values and interventions which provides with the broader idea of introducing the changes necessary for analysing the current energy consumption balance. This mainly includes three phases which are:
- Phase I – Pre Audit Phase
- Phase II – Audit Phase
- Phase III – Post Audit Phase
1.12 Explain the Concept of Life Cycle Assessment.
The life cycle assessment attains the techniques and values which provides with the idea of environmental impacts allied with the stages product life including raw material removal over and done with materials handling, production, dissemination, as well as usage. This mainly includes:
- Goal and Scope Definition: This is necessary to build the goal and scope definition which provides with the idea of building the changes on the broader context (Distanont and Khongmalai, 2018).
- Inventory Analysis: This is also necessary to have proper resources and inventory management which ensures to build better and effectual changes.
- Impact Assessment: This is necessary to build the idea about impact and change approaches necessary to be gained on the effectual aspects.
- Interpretation: This is also necessary to build the interpretation and values necessary to gained and measured on the broader context (de Guimarães, et. al., 2018).
- de Guimarães, J.C.F., Severo, E.A. and de Vasconcelos, C.R.M., 2018. The influence of entrepreneurial, market, knowledge management orientations on cleaner production and the sustainable competitive advantage. Journal of cleaner production, 174, pp.1653-1663.
- Distanont, A. and Khongmalai, O., 2018. The role of innovation in creating a competitive advantage. Kasetsart Journal of Social Sciences.
- Haseeb, M., Hussain, H.I., Kot, S., Androniceanu, A. and Jermsittiparsert, K., 2019. Role of social and technological challenges in achieving a sustainable competitive advantage and sustainable business performance. Sustainability, 11(14), p.3811.
- Husgafvel, R., Linkosalmi, L., Hughes, M., Kanerva, J. and Dahl, O., 2018. Forest sector circular economy development in Finland: A regional study on sustainability driven competitive advantage and an assessment of the potential for cascading recovered solid wood. Journal of Cleaner Production, 181, pp.483-497.
- Salunke, S., Weerawardena, J. and McColl-Kennedy, J.R., 2019. The central role of knowledge integration capability in service innovation-based competitive strategy. Industrial Marketing Management, 76, pp.144-156.
- Selig, G.J., 2018, August. It Governance—An Integrated Framework and Roadmap: How to Plan, Deploy and Sustain for Competitive Advantage. In 2018 Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) (pp. 1-15). IEEE.