Digital marketing techniques such as social media marketing, search, and e-mail marketing promote and sell digital marketing goods and services. It means marketing when you come to digital marketing. The advertising part of digital technology goods and services, such as personal computers, mobile phones and other digital media, is digital marketing on the internet. The report will provide information regarding the social media and email marketing with its advantages and disadvantages. The report will also provide information regarding the comparison between both marketing methods.
Social media marketing uses social media platforms to engage with the public so that the brand builds, sales increase and website traffic is driven. This involves sharing outstanding content to their social media pages, listening and interacting with their followers, performance analysis and social media advertising. There are also many tools for the management of social media, allowing businesses to use the social media platforms mentioned above. For instance, Buffer is a network of tools for social media administration that can help make social media marketing effective. If businesses want to build a brand or expand their business, social media marketing will help them to succeed (Kannan, 2017).
There are some advantages of the social media which can improve the success and growths of the business are as follows-
- Increased brand awareness- Social networking is one of the cheapest digital marketing outlets to syndicate content and popularise branded products. A social media strategy would make the brand more visible when you have a large audience. To begin, build and include social media profiles of the company. Get their staff, business partners and sponsors “like” and “share” profile. This improves business brands recognition and their credibility as a company when people get to know their content (Kaur, 2017).
- Improved Search Engine– Although posting social media can give their company some traffic, more effort is required to achieve an important result. To reach higher websites and traffic on their company’s website, search engine optimisation is very important. Although social media does not boost search engine rankings directly, over 58 per cent of social media marketers seek better rankings for one year or longer (Chaffey and Smith, 2017).
- Better customer satisfaction– Social media is a means of networking and collaboration. Through these channels, it is important to build a voice to make their company more human. Customers appreciate a customised response to the comments posted on their pages rather than an automated message. Each statement is acknowledged and shows that they are careful and can experience their guests best (Green, et. al., 2019).
These are the some of the advantages of social media because it helps to increase the brand awareness and customer satisfaction the business in effective and efficient manner. This advantages show the positive attitudes and impact of Social Media Marketing. This gives positive impact on business that’s why these are the advantages of Social Media Marketing.
There are some disadvantages which can affects the performance of the business by social media marketing are as follows-
- Time Consuming- This is one of the biggest inconveniences to social media marketing in a mobile app development business. To successfully market their web sites, they must spend as much time as possible in online refreshing them with the material that is suitable for their general interest and dedication. This usually takes a lot of time and research. In addition, social media marketing requires time to respond promptly to people who may comment on their website. Both of these items are very time consuming for social media advertising (Kennedy, 2017).
- Risk of Negative Publicity- Social media marketing is a potent tool for supporting an app development company, but it can also pull or manipulate a company using the same tool. One thing business should know is that they enter a new environment and expose new threats to their enterprise or brand. The internet is full of misleading and unscrupulous elements who want their company to fail. They can check and post negative comment on their business if they don’t know what they are doing (Bala and Verma, 2018).
- Loss of Control- It is along with the latter. If they have something derogatory from a discouraged former employee or customer, the brand or mobile development company is viral and usually difficult to manage. Business owners and marketers are able to market social media (Kennedy, 2017).
These are the disadvantages of social media marketing because it gives negative impact or results in the business growth and success. It directly or indirectly affects the performance of organization negatively which is not beneficial for them as well.
The above report discussion show that Social networks are a major part of every marketing strategy and the benefit of social media is so strong that anyone who does not take advantage of this cost efficient resource loses a fantastic marketing opportunity. Social media marketing is an important element of marketing success and is easily understood by many marketers to recognise the opportunity for company growth. But some of them do not know what tactics they should adopt and if they succeed. The above points alleviate insecurity by amply demonstrating the advantages to market their business using social media (De Pelsmacker, et. al., 2018).
Email marketing is the transmission of a promotional message to a group of people, typically through email. Any email sent to a potential customer or a present customer can be used in its broadest sense as email marketing. The program covers the transmission of advertisements, the requested business, the sale or donation via e-mail. Email marketing enables business to connect and raise sales with their audience. They may use e-mails to improve their cart drop rate and tell the shop, such as selling items, exchanging news, etc. Email marketing is the use of emails as relationships develop with potential users or clients to publicize products or services (Chaffey and Ellis-Chadwick, 2019). The e-mail is simply direct instead of the postal service. E-mail marketing can include corporate notices or exclusive offers and exclusive subscriber agreements. Following a natural or business disaster, marketing e-mail could also try, on behalf of the organization, to communicating a popular message.
There are some advantages of the Email Media which can improve the success and growths of the business are as follows-
- Increase Brand Awareness– The advantage of email marketing is enhanced brand awareness. They can use their long mailing list to diversion into millions of inboxes of people interested in their products or services. E-mail Marketing offers consistent contacts for them and their e-mail subscribers. The more business communicate, the more they know about their company, and the more they communicate (Dwivedi, et. al., 2020).
- Cost effective- One of the key advantages of e-mail marketing is that it is more cost-effective than other typical marketing strategies. Businesses save a lot of money by sending direct mails by changing to email marketing. Pamphlets can be printed and spread around the budget equally well. They can spend their money in print media instead of searching for valuable content outlets for potential customers through e-mail marketing. Research has shown that a marketer makes 38 dollars with each email dollar spent (Pearson and Perera, 2018).
- Automates the Sales Cycle- They niche automates the main benefit of email marketing. The marketer uses automation tools to develop drip promotions. They will then immediately submit their mailing list. The email marketing helps them to keep in touch with their customers. Furthermore, the powered behaviours can be automated. For instance, when a client has answered their website, they can get a triggered notification so that they can answer their query quickly (Hanlon, 2018).
These are the advantages of email marketing as they improve brand sensitivity and customer loyalty efficiently and productively in industry. These benefits are demonstrated by the positive behaviour and consequences of email marketing. This has a positive impact on the business and thus has benefits for electronic marketing.
There are some disadvantages which can affects the performance of the business by Email marketing are as follows-
- Difficult to gain attention– email marketing is one of online marketing’s most common and widely used methods. This technique targets a wide range of advertisers and businesses. Undefined messages exist in order to provide email marketers with a marketing list and email the same person without understanding the users’ preferences. Readers typically label messages such as spam. If a client does not really hope that it considers their email, it’s the toughest task before email marketers, who may want a precious product/service or brand (López García, et. al., 2019).
- Rely on technology– E-Marketing of course has many advantages, but is totally dependent upon technology and the internet. They can do nothing without modern technological tools like computers, the Internet, operating systems, software and applications. It will shut down the whole business if one of these tools does not work. However, only technology is fully based and e-marketing and other related businesses are extremely risky (Gunelius, 2018).
- Privacy and Security Issues– Privacy and consumer security are some of our major technical challenges. Consequently, users are reluctant to access the new network due to data privacy and security issues. This ensures that it is very difficult for new businesses to reach buyers on their website.
These are the drawbacks of email marketing as they affect or lead to growth and success. Email marketing impacts directly or indirectly on organization which is not helpful to the success of the organisation (Key, 2017).
The above discussion show that Email marketing is a cost-saving way to reach a variety of customers, build the company’s reputation and enhance brand awareness every day. Email marketing can build personal and targeted messages. This helps them to build positive customer connections. It can also improve the response times for direct marketing camps. E-marketing also guarantees digitally branded products and services and online ads for target audiences. Research has also shown that email marketing compounds with organic searches, paid searches and social media in terms of maintenance and acceptance of new customers. However, people are being made more vigilant when opening e-mails for security problems, which can affect e-mail marketing (Lad, et. al., 2017).
The below section show the comparison between the email marketing & social media marketing for the same-
- Increased brand awareness
Social networking is one of the cheapest digital markets where branded products and contents are mixed. A social media strategy will make the brand more recognisable if they have a large audience. Initially, build and provide social media accounts of companies. Get your staff, business partners and sponsors “like” and “share” profile. This makes company brands more visible and reputable as businesses if they learn their content. The benefit of email marketing is enhanced brand awareness (Buchanan, et. al., 2018). They would plunge into millions of boxes of people with a long mailing list who have an interest in their products or services. Email marketing offers consistent contacts to business and their email subscribers. The more business interacts, the more insight it has about its business (Zhang, et. al., 2017).
- Risk of negativity and difficult to gain attention
Social media marketing is a powerful tool to support an application development company, but it can also pull or use the same tool for a company. A business should be aware that they enter a new world and present their organization or brand with new challenges (Olson, et. al., 2021). The Internet is full of disappointing, unscrupulous elements who want their business to fail. Email marketing is one of online marketing techniques most widely used. A broad variety of advertisers and firms are targeted at this approach (Dwivedi, et. al., 2020). Undefined messages are provided so that email marketers have a marketing list with no idea of what the recipient expects. If a customer does not expect to take into account their addresses, this is the most difficult task for email providers who want a valuable product or business (Chester and Montgomery, 2017).
The above report concluded that Digital marketing is crucial because the campaigns can easily be monitored and managed. They want to know that if they spend time and money on their campaigns. Digital marketing enables campaigns to be monitored to adjust and manage better outcomes. Social media marketing uses social media networks to support brand development, sales or traffic on websites. Email marketing means that a message is usually sent to a group of people via email.
Bala, M. and Verma, D., 2018. A critical review of digital marketing. M. Bala, D. Verma (2018). A Critical Review of Digital Marketing. International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering, 8(10), pp.321-339.
Buchanan, L., Kelly, B., Yeatman, H. and Kariippanon, K., 2018. The effects of digital marketing of unhealthy commodities on young people: a systematic review. Nutrients, 10(2), p.148.
Chaffey, D. and Ellis-Chadwick, F., 2019. Digital marketing. Pearson UK.
Chaffey, D. and Smith, P.R., 2017. Digital marketing excellence: planning, optimizing and integrating online marketing. Taylor & Francis.
Chester, J. and Montgomery, K.C., 2017. The role of digital marketing in political campaigns. Internet Policy Review, 6(4), pp.1-20.
De Pelsmacker, P., Van Tilburg, S. and Holthof, C., 2018. Digital marketing strategies, online reviews and hotel performance. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 72, pp.47-55.
Dwivedi, Y.K., Rana, N.P., Slade, E.L., Singh, N. and Kizgin, H., 2020. Editorial introduction: Advances in theory and practice of digital marketing.
Dwivedi, Y.K., Rana, N.P., Slade, E.L., Singh, N. and Kizgin, H., 2020. Editorial introduction: Advances in theory and practice of digital marketing.
Green, K.M., Crawford, B.A., Williamson, K.A. and DeWan, A.A., 2019. A meta-analysis of social marketing campaigns to improve global conservation outcomes. Social Marketing Quarterly, 25(1), pp.69-87.
Gunelius, S., 2018. Ultimate guide to email marketing for business. Entrepreneur Press.
Hanlon, A., 2018. Digital marketing: Strategic planning & integration. Sage.
Kannan, P.K., 2017. Digital marketing: A framework, review and research agenda. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 34(1), pp.22-45.
Kaur, G., 2017. The importance of digital marketing in the tourism industry. International Journal of Research-Granthaalayah, 5(6), pp.72-77.
Kennedy, A.M., 2017. Macro-social marketing research: philosophy, methodology and methods. Journal of Macromarketing, 37(4), pp.347-355.
Key, T.M., 2017. Domains of digital marketing channels in the sharing economy. Journal of Marketing Channels, 24(1-2), pp.27-38.
Lad, P., Muragundi, P. and Ligade, V.S., 2017. Digitalize pharmaceutical marketing: medical representative perspective. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 10(7), pp.2179-2182.
López García, J.J., Lizcano, D., Ramos, C.M. and Matos, N., 2019. Digital marketing actions that achieve a better attraction and loyalty of users: An analytical study. Future Internet, 11(6), p.130.
Olson, E.M., Olson, K.M., Czaplewski, A.J. and Key, T.M., 2021. Business strategy and the management of digital marketing. Business Horizons, 64(2), pp.285-293.
Pearson, D. and Perera, A., 2018. Reducing food waste: A practitioner guide identifying requirements for an integrated social marketing communication campaign. Social Marketing Quarterly, 24(1), pp.45-57.
Zhang, X., Kumar, V. and Cosguner, K., 2017. Dynamically managing a profitable email marketing program. Journal of marketing research, 54(6), pp.851-866.