BSBPMG633 Provide Leadership for the Program
To be filled out and submitted with assessment responses
◻ I declare that this task and any attached document related to the taskis all my own work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s)
◻ I understand that if I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me
◻ I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks.
◻ I have read and understood the assessment requirements for this unit
◻ I understand the rights to re-assessment
◻ I understand the right to appeal the decisions made in the assessment
|Student ID number|
|——OFFICE USE ONLY—–
For Trainer and Assessor to complete:
◻ Student requested reasonable adjustment for the assessment
|Question||Marking Sheet – Assessor to complete.
Did the student satisfactorily address each question as instructed:
|Task Outcome: Satisfactory ☐Not Yet Satisfactory ☐
Task 1 – Knowledge Questionnaire
|Task summary and instructions
|What is this assessment task about?||This assessment is a written questionnaire with a mix of objective and subjective questions.
The questionnaire is designed to meet the knowledge required to meet the unit requirements safely and effectively.
The questions focus on the knowledge evidence required for this unit of competency:
· behavioural models for the role of program manager
· program benefits
· strategies relevant to program management including
Your assessor will be looking for demonstrated evidence of your ability to answer the questions satisfactorily, follow instructions, conduct online research and review real or simulated business documentation as instructed.
|What do I need to do to complete this task satisfactorily?||· submit your answers to the questions within the set timeframe,
· answer all questions as instructed,
· answer all questions using your own words and reference any sources appropriately,
· all questions must be answered satisfactorily.
It is advisable to:
· review the questions carefully,
· answer the questions using online research and the learning material provided for the unit and by reviewing real or simulated relevant business documentation (such as policies and procedures),
· further research the topics addressed in each question.
|Specifications||You must submit to GOALS the
· assessment coversheet,
· answers to all questions,
|Resources and equipment||• computer with Internet access,
• access to Microsoft Office suites or similar software,
• learning material.
|Re-submission opportunities||You will be provided feedback on your performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task. If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you with written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date. You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal. You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the task.
Select three (3) behavioural models that may assist a Program Manager when leading a program. Explain how they would benefit the program and the Program Manager.
|1) Maslow’s hierarchy theory- It is a motivation theory.it can be benefit for project and project manager while, they are building, leading, and motivating the team since this theory is conscious of human motivation.
2) Herzberg’s hygiene theory- this theory helps to program managers to increase employee satisfaction and wants to focus on motivating factors thus employees are motivated to work and perform more solid and well.
3) McGregor’s theories X and Y- X and Y theories about two different views of specific 1) X theory is negative.it explains the importance of heightened supervision and external rewards. 2) y theories outline the inspiring role of job pleasure.
Define program benefits and provide three (3) examples of program benefits.
|Program benefits mean “quantifiable improvement arising from a outcome seeming as an benefit by one or further stakeholder.
Examples: 1) health insurance
2) provided to employees at the workplace
3) life insurance
Outline 4 styles of communication and negotiating styles and techniques.
|Styles of communication and negotiating styles and techniques||Outline (40-80 words each)|
|1) Challenging||It surveys the archetypal “I victory, you lose.” They are results-oriented and attentive accomplishing short-term goalmouths fast. (Hetland, et al.,2014)
|2) Cooperating||Cooperating negotiators emphasize making certain all parties have their wants met in an arrangement.|
|3) Obliging||This style is a technique of bargaining.it is can easily take the benefit of a compromising negotiator.|
|4) Accommodating||The attention on protective connection and building a welcoming bond by sacrificing near Lyall of their company’s welfare in favor of the reverse party’s benefits. (Hetland, et al.,2014)
Describe four (4) current ethics, equity and norms, regulations and legislations that are relevant to program management.
|Current ethics, equity and norms, regulations and legislations||Description (30-50 words each)|
|1) Utilitarian ethics||It is a theory of principles, which promoters actions that short-term happiness and faces actions that reason sadness.|
|2) Deontological ethics||The deontological ethical theory places special stress on the connection between duty and the ethics of human activities.|
|3) Virtue ethics||Virtue ethics mean cheering employees to validate virtues such as goodness, thoroughness, and accountability in their work.|
|4)folkways||It is informal rules and rules that, while not aggressive to disrupt, are omitted to be followed.|
Outline three (3) learning and development methods and strategies that you could use in a program.
|Learning and development methods and strategies||Outline (40-80 words each)|
|1)Blended learning||Blended learning, similarly known as hybrid learning,is a method of education that syndicates online educational resources and occasions for contact online.(Silberman &Biech 2015)
|2)Virtual learning||Virtue learning agrees each child discovers the pitch of ethics and learns to victimize between good and evil.|
|3)Mobile learning||Mobile learning refers to “erudition across several contexts, over social and satisfying relations, using a personal automated device.|
|4)E-learning||This learning system is based on dignified training but with the help of automated resources. (tur Silberman Beach 2015)
Address the following:
- Explain the importance of risk management in programs
- List four (4) inclusions of a risk management plan
- Summarise the risk management process, including strategies to treat risks
|A positive risk management program supports an organization and reflects the full array of risks it faces. It also examines the relationship among risks and the flowing effect they could have on an establishment’s strategic goals.
4 Inclusions of a risk management
1)use your risk administration plan to make your risk register
2) plan your risk answer
4) classify risk events
RISK MANAGEMENT PROCESS:-
1) Find the risk
2) Study the prospect and effect of each one
3) arrange risks based on business objectives
4) Pleasure the risk conditions
5) Screen results
Select two types and formats of program vision and compare them (effectiveness, clarity, similarities and/or differences).
|1) Quantitative vision
2) superlative vision
1) Effectiveness = superlative vision talks about being No.1 in your ground, the superlative in the market.
2) Clarity = superlative directs that something is the greatest or minimal of something. And in quantitative vision effectiveness of low vision.
3) Differences = Quantitative vision contains a number, for instance, any number or financial plans. And superlative vision custom adjectives to define where you need the organization to be in the upcoming as best in the market.
|Please include your references below:
Hetland, L., Winner, E.,Veenema, S., & Sheridan, K. M. (2015). Studio thinking 2: The real benefits of visual arts education. Teachers College Press.https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=zfZe_oY7orkC&oi=fnd&pg=PR3&dq=Define+program+benefits+and+three+(3)+examples+of+program+benefits&ots=XJe5_bzdeO&sig=xNbHV5ThKdIaR1EdK8rLT9tSPiE&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Define%20program%20benefits%20and%20three%20(3)%20examples%20of%20program%20benefits&f=false Silberman, M. L., &Biech, E. (2015). Active training: A handbook of techniques, designs, case examples, and tips. John Wiley & Sons.