Table of Contents
Performance improvement strategy
- Fazu and family want to achieve the sale targets of $350,000 in the next 3 financial years.
- Companies want to maximize their profits.
- Fazu and family want to make a good position in the market in the next 3 financial years.
The Company wants to do the social welfare of the people by providing the best quality of products and services.
Fazu and family is inorganization that wants to provide a healthy product that contains the best quality nutrition to people.
- a) Quality
The Company uses the best quality ingredients to manufacture the beverages for the customers.
- b) Commitment
Fazu& Family commit to their customers that they provide the beverages according to their taste or preference.
- c) Responsibilities
Fazu & Family is accountable for providing the best quality beverages and services on time.
- Manufacture the best quality products and services.
- Trained the employees to increase the sale of the business.
- Build a good business relationship with the customers.
- Use the best quality ingredients to manufacture the best quality beverages and juices for the customers (Thompson& Alba-Juez,2014).
Key performance indicators
- Increase the sale of the business.
- Reduce the cost of the business by using paper packaging.
- Enhance the goodwill of the business.
Management team briefing and consultation session
- The company uses to best technology and machines to manufacture or develop their new products.
- Quality control team ensure that all the work is done according to the quality standards.
- The company identifies the current trends and customer preferences to provide the goods according to their demands.
- The company does not provide after-sale services to the customers.
- The company needs to improve its quality steps.
- The stakeholder need to do extra work.
Strategy related to improvements
- The Company needs to use the quality control as well as assurance mechanism to manufacture and produce the best quality products or beverages.
- The marketing team of the organization must communicate the current market trends and customer preferences to the sales team.
- The company needs to provide after-sale services to the customers if they face any problem with the services and products of the business(Thompson& Alba-Juez,2014).
- a) Discuss options and work through group suggestions
The company needs to improve the marketing strategy by including the unique features such as using the best online marketing strategy to promote the products, conducting the online event to launch the product or beverages of the business, new design of the marketing template, new slogan, and new sale promotional methods.
- b) use creative techniques to generate or develop ideas
The company can conduct the brainstorming session and invite all the key stakeholders of the business to get suggestions or new ideas to improve the overall performance of the business and operational progress. The company needs to do internet research to find the best to run the business in the competitive market for the long term.
Summarise the results of the session and seek the group’s approval for an amended strategy
Stakeholder of the organization creates new strategies in the session that the company need to develop the juice for the customer who eats and drink the special dietary food or beverages. Stakeholders want the company to manufacture new juice according to the preference of the customers (Ohnos,2021).
The marketing strategies of the organization must be prepared according to the type of product in which the company deals. The company can use the social media platform to promote and sell their product to increase the sales turnover and maximize the profit.
Before starting, the business operation or project, the company first identifies the risk that may occur in the workplace. After identifying the risk, the company needs to analyse the risk properly to identify its impact of risk. After analysing the risk, the company needs to identify the solution to mitigate or eliminate the risk.
|1.||Marketing strategies||$4000||Increase the sale of the business.|
|2.||Research on the new products.||$5000||Attract the new customer and the customer gets products according to the demands.|
|3.||Sustainable packaging||$7000||Develop a sustainable environment in the workplace(Ohnos,2021).|
|Date – 15/04/2022
Time – 10:00 am
Duration – 20 min
Agenda – provide information on the cost-benefit analysis
Attendees – Manager and assessor
Manager – good morning, sir
Assessor – good morning
Manager – Today, I conduct the meeting to provide information related to the strategies that we adopt to achieve the organizational goals.
Assessor – ok.
Manager – Company needs to invest in new marketing and promotional activities to increase the sale of the business. The company needs to invest in the sustainable packaging of the product. In this way, new customers get attracted and a sustainable environment is also established in the workplace.
Assessor – ok.
Manager – To implement these strategies, I want to get your approval.
Assessor – ok, you can implement this strategy in the workplace.
Manager – ok, sir.
Have a nice day
To monitor the progress of the business operation and performance, the company needs to compare the actual performance with the expected performance to identify the reason for poor performance.
All aspects are given below:
- a) Maximizing efficiency, eradicating waste, improving sustainability and minimizing manufacturing errors of the line by 20%
- b) Minimize the turnover of the workforce yearly from the typical of 32 to 20%
- c) Workforce of process and staff of factory are assembled into five different teams
- d) Continuously increase complete rates for meeting the collective rate of error of 40% and 4%
- e) Employees are reserved by managers for producing their allocated lines
1) Transition – As in the given case study, all the excellent ideas for supporting the business didn’t work well as Jones believed. So, the transition is a necessary level in the procedure of improvement and it should be the essential apprehension for the team of management for making sure that all the things operate accurately (Noll,2012).
2) Communication – The team must interact frankly, accurately and simply. If the Fazu & family cover major problems with its personnel and tries to solve those problems by executing new legislations, new issues will arise in the upcoming period.
Two contingency plans:
1) Probable issue – The assumed plant will produce results conflicting with what was predicted.
The finest thing to resolve this issue is that Fazu & family should try to contemplate what the members of staff demand and want from Fazu & family soon as the strategy is executed and for trying and grasp the type of agreement that can operate on both edges.
2) Probable issue – The worker’s turnover is increasing as the outcomes of the introduced enhancements. This issue could be harmful to the Fazu & family. To resolve here are some points that Fazu & family could apply:
- a) Give feedback to the workers about their performance
- b) Give accurate training to the workers
- c) Enhance management of the workforce(Noll, 2012).
The areas identified as a risk of failure are as follows:
- a) On the up-to-date computers, the teaching was not sufficient as required.
- b) Workers identified the figures are nothing- they decrease to hold what stats are related to their regular work
- c) Workers identified the importance of health policies inthe workplace
- d) For few workers, innovative rosters turned out to be unpopular
- e) Lengthier shifts make the workers exhausted and also mistakes occur due to that exhaustion.
|Issues||Measures to control|
|Insufficient practical training||1. Create some manuals in the language of the employee
2. Sessions of coaching and mentoring for the employees from other countries (Eskerod& Jepsen,2016).
|Workers not following practices of sustainability||Appreciate the best employee with sustainability.
Daily meetings reflect outcomes.
|Absence of popularity among consumers||Give training in consumer service skills|
|Lengthy hours of shift||Give rotational shifts. Establish procedures of working conditions with some flexible arrangements of working.|
|Increment in injuries||Give training on workplace safety and health procedures|
Schedule for continuous improvement and evaluation
|Activities of evaluation||Within a month(Eskerod& Jepsen, 2016).|
|Activities of evaluation for capturing learning from complete activities of work||After the end of every training|
|Activities for embedding learning into the procedure of work||Training In every 2 months|
There are three specific activities that organizations can use to encourage the employees the continuous improvements such as
- Motivation – The company can conduct a motivational program to encourage the staff for achieving the goals and provide feedback to the employees according to their performance.
- Incentives – The company must provide incentives to the staff member for their good performance to encourage them for future improvement or continuous improvement.
- Training – The company must provide training to staff members related to updated skills.
- Training – Training helps staff members develop or update their skills and knowledge. Some employees already have the knowledge and skills that the company provides in training which decreases their interest (Anderson, et al., 2016).
- Email – Through email team member share their information easily but due to electronic communication, the communication gap between team members or stakeholders increases.
Coaching and mentoring are very important strategies for the organization’s continuous improvement because they help the employees by improving their skills and knowledge and giving them the right to employees that they ask any questions related to their work.
Three technologies applications are –
- a) Gantt chart – This is a tool that organizations use to plan and schedule the project.
- b) Benchmarking – It is the technology that organizations use to set the goals related to expectations of the performance and review the system performance.
- c) Surveys – It is the method that organizations use to gather information and make good decisions.
- Give a faster response to the customers.
- Maintain positive interaction with the customer and use the best communication skills.
- Always take the feedback from the employees related to the product and service.
- Provide timely services to the customers(Anderson, et al., 2016).
- The team member who does not perform well.
- Lack of rewards and recognition system.
- The team members who can’t able to improve their skills.
MS project management is the best method for using the performance data to identify the opportunities. It is very important because it helps in managing the resources, completing all the project tasks on time, examining the workload of the employees, and maintaining records related to the continuous improvements (Radušienė, et al., 2012).
It is very necessary to implement systems to make sure that all the team members are involved in the decision-making process of the business because collective decisions are the best practices of the business. with the help of collective decision practices, all the team members give their suggestions on the meeting topic.
- The manager can conduct a meeting with the team members to communicate the reason.
- The manager can also use the written communication method to communicate the reason for implementing the change process in the organization to team members with the help of email facilities.
It is very important to communicate the changes or improvements to the stakeholders and to obtain feedback because the stakeholder can give the best suggestion to update the changes(Radušienė, et al., 2012).
The frontline managers must identify the problem that they face in their work and then provide coaching and mentoring according to their problems.
Companies can use technology and system like payroll, HR, and MYOB to monitor the operation progress. After identifying the actual progress, the manager must compare the actual progress with the expected progress to identify the improvement. In this way, the customers also will be satisfied because employees provide products and services to the customer on time.
To communicate recommendations, the Manager must conduct meeting with the senior stakeholders. It is very necessary to communicate the recommendation because senior stakeholders give the best suggestion to achieve the outcome of the project and also increase the effectiveness of the project outcomes.
The manager must use the security software to maintain or keep the personal record of the organization which helps in the future development of the business.
- a) Benchmarking – It is the evaluation measurements, giving context for the ethics such as quality, volume etc.
- b) Best practice – It is an efficient manner for performing procedures and it leads to desired results in an accurate manner.
- c) Change management – Utilizing outcomes from review and monitoring for making a change happen within the company.
- d) Continuous improvement systems and processes – Processes and systems are executed for analyzing and collecting information for monitoring all the performances which constantly result in desired profits.
- e) Quality systems – Giving a standardized process of benchmarking to make sure the reliable desired result for the system or product.
- Cost-benefit analysis is used by the organization to identify the benefits of the investment.
- Compare the actual cost of resources with the budget cost of resources to identify the organization facing loss or profit.
- Determine the problems that face by the organization.
- Identify the requirement of resources to complete the project.
- Create the budget to acquire the resources (Pearsall,2016).
- Create a cost-benefit analysis to identify the benefits that the company earns after acquiring the resources.
The manager must conduct market research to identify the current trend and customer preferences related to the product and service of the organization. After identifying the customer preference for the current trends, the manager encourages the staff members to provide the goods to the customer according to their demands.
Some employees of the organization do not accept the changes easily because they are familiar with the old working procedures of the business. Due to this condition, the changes are not implemented successfully in the workplace and sometimes create problems for the business.
- Company can conduct the brainstorming session to generate new ideas and opinions for the future development of the business.
- Company can conduct a reward and recognition program to provide awards to the employees according to their performance.
Managers and team members are very important entities of the organization. Manager managers always find the ways and procedures to improve the performance of the business whereas team members also use their skills and experience to improve the performance of the business.
The manager must conduct a training and mentoring program to provide information or training to the Employees related to new skills and technology to improve their performance.
- Identifying the risk –the company first identifies the risk that may occur in the future.
- Assessment of risk – after identifying the risk, the organization analyses the impact of the risk.
- Eliminate the risk – after identifying the impact, the organization creates a solution to mitigate the risk or overcome its impact(Pearsall, 2016).
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Brainstorming sessions and training sessions.
There are some steps related to customer relationship management are
- Company must develop unique products and services according to the customer to attract the customer and increase the sale of the business.
- Company must identify the demands of customers (Byrnes,2013).
- Survey to get feedback from the customer related to the product and services of the business.
They are some steps related to point of sale or point of purchase are
- Develop the order related to purchasing which is used by the buyers to purchase the specified items.
- Properly review the order related to purchasing.
- Confirm the purchase order with the help of the purchase invoice.
The manager of the company must conduct the meeting to communicate the benefits of both systems. Managers also encouragethe staff members to adopt the new systems to achieve the sell targets as well as the goal of the organization.
There are some methods that managers used to mentor and coach the team members so they can easily adopt the new systems such as
- Conduct the training and development program to provide training to the team members related to customer relationship management system and point of purchase or point of sales system.
- Providing every single detail related to Both systems(Byrnes, 2013).
- Providing the video links that help the team members develop business relationships with the customer.
As a team leader of the company, I will introduce and manage the improvement by providing information related to the benefits of the system to the staff members. The benefit of the systems includes customer relationship, profit, incentives, and promotion. I provide solutions to the problems of dissenting employees to create a positive environment in the workplace.
The team leaders must use the key performance indicator review and monitor the progress of the employees. The team leaders also can use the survey method to review the performance of the employees after implementing the system in the workplace. As a team leader of the organization, I will provide the targets to each individual.
To ensure that the customer service has improved, I will analyze or review the data of the sale of a particular month, conduct the feedback or survey to tag the feedback from the customer related to the product and services of the business, review the financial transaction of the business, review the feedback of the customer that company received on their social media accounts, etc.
- Best practices
The team leader must create the best working environment for the employees due to they can Adopt the new system to build a good working relationship with the customer. After implementing the system, I identify the result and impact of the changes that happen in the workplace. At last, the company conducts reward and recognition, program to give rewards to the employee who performs well after implementing the system (Drucker,2012).
There are some employees which not easily adopted changes implemented by the senior managers of the organization because they are familiar with all working procedures. Due to this reason, the continuous improvement process is not implemented easily in the workplace.
If a staff member feelsa problem in learning a new system, the team leader must conduct a meeting with them to ask about their problem clearly and provide a solution to resolve it. I also can use the email facility to ask about their issues.
The external factors are the outside factors that affect an organization’s operation and function. Some external factors that affect the organizationarechanges in technology, climate, customer preferences, politics, and society. This factor affects the business activities. So, an organization must prepare itself for facing and mitigating the challenges(Drucker, 2012).
The internal factors are the internal factor that affects the business’s overall performance and working procedures. Some internal factors that affect the organization are uncertain workplace incidents, changes in processes, environments, and circumstances within the organization. These changes or factors affect the business operations, employees’ actions, and the decision-making process.
Yes, the changes are always associated with the improvements because the organization creates new plans to improve the performance of the business.
If changes that the organization implemented in the workplace is not beneficial for the business, then senior stakeholder of the organization, find the real problem due to which changes is not provide benefits to the business. After finding the problem, senior stakeholders find a solution to resolve the problem or create new changes for improving the performance of the business.
Thompson, G., & Alba-Juez, L. (Eds.). (2014). Evaluation in context (Vol. 242). John Benjamins Publishing Company.
Ohnos, T. (2021). Taiichi Ohnos Workplace Management. McGraw-Hill Education.
Noll, W. (2012). Chemistry and technology of silicones. Elsevier.
Eskerod, P., & Jepsen, A. L. (2016). Project stakeholder management. Routledge.
Anderson, D. R., Sweeney, D. J., Williams, T. A., Camm, J. D., & Cochran, J. J. (2016). Statistics for business & economics. Cengage Learning.
Radušienė, J., Karpavičienė, B., &Stanius, Ž. (2012). Effect of external and internal factors on secondary metabolites accumulation in St. John’s worth. Botanica Lithuanica, 18(2), 101-108.
Pearsall, D. M. (2016). Paleoethnobotany: a handbook of procedures. Routledge.
Byrnes, J. P. (2013). The nature and development of decision-making: A self-regulation model. Psychology Press.
Drucker, P. (2012). Management challenges for the 21st century. Routledge.
Owen, M. (2013). SPC and continuous improvement. Springer Science & Business Media.