Question1: The three methods of recruitment and selection are as follows:
The Methods which can be used to recruit employees are as follows-
1 Selection through Internships-
In this method the appropriate training is provide to the person so that he will easily adapt the atmosphere of the organization before getting recruited. This method is one of the most effective method, as in this method appropriate training is already provided to the person. Through this organization is able to recruit most talented and skillful employees as they have overall exposure of employer’s organization.
2 Selection from talent pool-
In this method employees is selected
- From the existing employees of the organization
- Or from the people who previously applied in the organization and they were suitable
This method is one of the easiest method of recruiting new employees. As in this method the overall details of the employees is available with employer.
3 Selection through Social networking
In today technology driven environment approximately 80% companies use their social network to find suitable employees. They post the jobs on LinkedIn or other social networking sites. This method is cost friendly and have great reach. Around 560 million use these sites.
Some of the key features of recruitment and selection procedures are as follows:
1 Properly plan the recruitment-
If an organization want to find some appropriate and skillful employees in the organization, they must plan the procedure. In this planning they should include the following things-
- First they need to identify the number of position and post is vacant.
- Then they should collect the information Job description, its nature. The description include the roles and responsibilities related to the job.
2 Creating of strategy-
Making of strategy is key aspect of selecting and recruiting employees. In making strategy many steps the recruiter needs to take-
- They Needs to check that the whether the recruitment will be done from inside the organization or from outside.
- Whether the pre recruitment training should be provided to the selected candidates or not.
- The Resources form where these candidates will be chosen.
3 Exploration process
In this process the recruiter try their best to attract more and more candidates. This research is conducted in two main area and these are-
- Internal sources
In this process the recruiter select the employees from their existing employees. This process is done to provide promotions and transfers the existing employees.
- External Sources
In this process the employees is selected form outside the organization. in this process proper selection process is done.
4 Shortlisting the candidates-
This process is start when their resume is review by the recruiting team. In this process the recruiter conduct the interview and select the candidates.
The brief description of a relevant legislation, regulation standards and codes of practice that may affect recruitment and onboarding are as follow:
- Fair Work Act 2009- This Act include regulations which presents Healthy and safe workplace for employees and employees alike people by giving them information about rights and obligation.
- Work Health and Safety act 2011: This act give them a blueprint which tries to safeguard and preserve the fitness, well-being, robustness, protection and safety in the workplace.
- Privacy Act 1988, this act consist laws that handle private and personal information about of the person. The kind of information which is include is name, bank details and signature and many more.
The key features of psychometric and skills testing programs for recruitment are as follow:
A1. The first key feature of psychometric and skill testing program is it provides the dependability, solidity and sureness.
- Psychometric and skill testing program also includes some specified patters, yardsticks or the types or measurement.
- Psychometric and skill testing program are very essential and important from the employer’s point of view because it make the over hiring procedure or operation more successful, effectual and productive.
- They can achieve or to know or getting a rough idea of who this worker or employee will perform is a definite, determined task or project (Nardodkar et al ..,2016).
The following key components of a contract of employment are as follows:
1 Details of employee and employers must include in the contract. Details like name of the organization and of the employee, contact numbers of both, address of both and other details.
2 The date of commencement of employment.
3 Type of employment like whether it is full-time or part-time.
4 Pay scale or allowances details.
5 Terms and condition of employment.
6 Job Title.
7 Details of leaves
8 Notice period requirement and condition attach to that.
10 Hours of work.
Allen, D. G., Biggane, J. E., Pitts, M., Otondo, R., & Van Scotter, J. (2013). Reactions to recruitment web sites: Visual and verbal attention, attraction, and intentions to pursue employment. Journal of Business and Psychology, 28(3), 263-285
Breaugh, J. A. (2013). Employee recruitment. Annual review of psychology, 64, 389-416.
Freedland, M., Bogg, A., Cabrelli, D., Collins, H., Countouris, N., Davies, A. C. L., … & Prassl, J. (Eds.). (2016). The contract of employment. Oxford University Press.
Nardodkar, R., Pathare, S., Ventriglio, A., Castaldelli-Maia, J., Javate, K. R., Torales, J., & Bhugra, D. (2016). Legal protection of the right to work and employment for persons with mental health problems: A review of legislation across the world. International review of psychiatry, 28(4), 375-384.