BSBCMM511 Communicate with Influence
|Purpose of this Assessment task|
|The purpose of this assessment is to test your knowledge in communicating with influences required by the unit BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence. Your trainer/assessor will be assessing your work and providing you with constructive feedback on Canvas. This task will assess your knowledge to:
· Identify communication requirements
· Negotiate to achieve agreed outcome
· Participate in and lead meetings
· Make presentations
By successfully completing this assessment you will demonstrate that you have comprehensive knowledge and understanding required to communicate with influence.
Structure of this assessment
Resource to undertake this assessment
Before undertaking this assessment, you should have studied relevant learning resources and Bounce fitness documents provided on Canvas and by your trainer/assessor. You should have a good understanding of the applicable legislations such as relating to privacy and confidentiality, antidiscrimination etc. You will also require pen and paper and access to computer with internet to do this assessment.
What specific WHS requirements may be involved?
This assessment will require you to be aware of the standard Workplace Health and Safety requirements e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Act and Workplace Health and Safety Legislation Your trainer/assessor will advise you on these and other legislative requirements.
If you have any literacy and numeracy issue/s in undertaking this assessment talk to your trainer/assessor, they should be able to help. Also, please talk to your trainer/assessor if you have any difficulty in understanding this assessment or if you have any special needs.
How to do this assessment?
1. Read the given questions couple of times to fully understand what is expected from you.
2. Answer all parts of the question completely and correctly
3. Write your answers eligibly in blue or black pen or word process your answers
4. Use the provided template to answer.
5. Once you complete your answers carefully read them and check for their completeness and accuracy
6. Keep a copy of your completed work to make-up for any unforeseen loss or damage
7. If you use additional paper to answer put your name and student ID in it.
8. Note that this assessment requires you to undertake some web research. Your trainer/assessor will provide you a list of relevant websites and digital materials you must read through.
The assessment may be re-attempted on two further occasions (maximum three attempts in total). All assessments must be resubmitted 3 days within receiving your unsatisfactory grade. You must clearly indicate “Re-submission” on your resubmitted work.
All questions must be answered satisfactorily for the assessment to be completed satisfactorily.
For any assessment conducted that is incomplete, or without satisfactory performance, the assessment will need to be completed again after further training support. This may be simply to focus on question areas not achieved in the prior assessment.
Submitting your assessment
When you are ready to submit your assessments, upload the files in Canvas via the submission tab.
In this assessment some of the questions include a word count. This is a guideline only, but your answers should not vary substantially (i.e. +/- 10%) from the word count provided. Microsoft Word includes a word count tool.
|Objective||To test the required knowledge ofcommunicating with influence.
|Assessment Cover Sheet|
|Candidate declaration:||I declare that:
· I have read and understood all the information provided in relation to the assessment requirements to complete this unit, the instructions and the purpose and processes of undertaking this assessment task
· This assessment is my own work and where other’s works or ideas have been borrowed, I have appropriately referenced or acknowledged them
· I understand that plagiarism is a serious offence that may lead to disciplinary action.
Task 1: Knowledge Questions
|Question 1||Explain what industry, media and government organisations, events and communication channels are relevant to the organisation.|
|Answer: An organization directly utilizes different methods for productive outcomes and maximizing profits. Media and organizations come forward and work parallelly to provide branding opportunities and they work simultaneously to build the organization’s profile. Government organization directly attempts to structure the business practice by implementing different use and regulations. Communication channels are the mode to align the employees for the business goals, better communication channels are required forthe strong interaction between the firm and employees and within the workforce.
Administration activity in an organization is processed by the communication channel, it directly connects leadership to the firm’s performance (Ting-Toomey, & Dorjee, 2018).
|Question 2||What are the major principles of cross-cultural communication?|
|Answer: 1. Preparation: Prepare the people of different backgrounds for their culture and etiquette.
2. Language: Different geographical regions have different languages so to avoid misunderstandings usean interpreter who not only knows multi-language but knows culture too.
3.Awareness: We should aware that different regions have different cultures. It takes time to get the nature of culture(Ting-Toomey, & Dorjee, 2018).
4.Centre the similarities: Similarities in the workplace, family backgrounds, and leisure. Focus on understanding, not being judgemental, and not expressing the disagreements immediately.
|Question 3||Explain the principles of negotiation, mediation, conflict resolution and incident de-escalation.|
|Answer: 1.Negotiation deals with agreements of parties involved in the conflicts. This is done by some principles which are focused on needs and not on positions, making agreements simpler, being soft on people not on the problem (Kumar & Antony,2018).
2. Mediation has some principles which are diligence, confidentiality, independence of mediator, legality, and principle of procedural economy.
3.The important principles of conflict resolution are listening actively, attacking the process, accepting the responsibilities, looking for interest, to be focused on the future.
4. Principles of de-escalation are concise, speaking short, easier sentences, not responding in anger, by respecting the personal space of the individual.
|Question 4||Describe structured and inclusive meeting procedures.|
|Answer: Structured meeting procedure involves punctuality of timing, appraisal of agenda, favorable outcomes conducted according to schedule, and concluding the meeting with a summary. While inclusive meeting involves asking participants about needs, keeping participants updated, and checking everyone’s technical work. An inclusive meeting also involves basic ground rules and not allowing one person to dominate. Taking feedback from the participants and sending out a summary.|
|Question 5||Describe an organisation’s policies and procedures relevant to:
· presenting and negotiating
· leading and participating in meetings
· making presentations
|Answer: 1. For presenting and negotiating: Organization’s policy is for dealing with conflict negotiation and presenting is ambiguous jurisdiction thatis independent but has certain boundaries which are specified in the workplace.
2. For leading and participating: The host and participants in the meetings have proper follow-ups, listen up, a collaboration between employees, and punctuality by bringing every participant into the conversation(Kumar & Antony, 2018).
3. Making a presentation: In the presentation, clarity in intents and ideas is necessary to allow all the participants to involve actively. Introduction, main content, and conclusions are basic policies of the firm to provide actual information about the meeting.
|Question 6||Explain the impact of your communication tone, structure, and styling the workplace.|
|Answer: 1. Impact of communication tone: Communication impacts the workplace as using words to communicate makes the tone harder(negative tone) for others to convey your information.
2. Impact of communication style: The way you respond directs to the style of your communication and makes it harsh. Hence using positive and structured sentences to communicate is a formal way to communicate. The combination of tone and style deals with the attitude you have, strive for organization, and making sentences more affirmative or neutral is always obedient.
3. Impact of communication structure: Structured communication provides us with a framework that enforces our proposal of conveying a message. Word choice is the structure of communication hence using precise, simple, and concise (Hamamreh, et al., 2018).
|Question 7||Explain the requirements to maintain confidentiality in the workplace.|
|Answer: Confidentiality in the workplace is necessary as the personal information of the employees should not be disclosed to others. Managerial information includes broad relations between managers or heads the individuals.
Another one is organizational information or trade secrets should be confidential for the productivity of the firm. A strong confidential policy of an organization leads to more protected business. Contact information related to customers, and much more professional information should be confidential which are information related to information, lawyers, and accounts about individuals or firms (Hamamreh, et al., 2018).
Hamamreh, J. M., Furqan, H. M., & Arslan, H. (2018). Classifications and applications of physical layer security techniques for confidentiality: A comprehensive survey. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 21(2), 1773-1828.
Kumar, D., & Antony, S. D. P. (2018). Calcified canal and negotiation-A review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 11(8), 3727-3730.
Ting-Toomey, S., & Dorjee, T. (2018). Communicating across cultures. Guilford Publications.